Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Ok, I'm a bottle of Merlot to the good so let me put it like this :

TRY A DIFFERENT CHARGER .

To prove a fault you exclude things one by one; the fact that your tower makes it charge slower *could* be because the phone is in a different position and therefore the cable is kinked in a particular way. I know it sounds odd but it could be...
Alternatively, it could be that the charger doesn't like being plugged in to a surge protected tower as switched mode power supplies change the frequency to reduce the voltage (as opposed to an iron-core transformer).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Replace the phone battery with one that has a third mAh as the current one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have to say this is one of the best threads ever. I really must start one on homeopathy one of these days . . . .

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
BG can you just confirm, in the two charging scenarios, is it the same charger AND the same cable ?

Fast charging of mobile phones is something of a black art and there doesn't appear to be a single way that this is implemented.

Something in the chain that involves the tower is telling the phone it needs to fall back to a slow charge.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
BG can you just confirm, in the two charging scenarios, is it the same charger AND the same cable ?

Fast charging of mobile phones is something of a black art and there doesn't appear to be a single way that this is implemented.

Something in the chain that involves the tower is telling the phone it needs to fall back to a slow charge.

This

We need some repeatable results to test the hypothesis (that electricity is weaker uphill).

I suggest five charges at the downhill location (followed by five complete discharges by non-stop playing snake)

Followed by five charges at the uphill location (discharging in the identical way)

Time the measurements with an abacus.

Once the results are in, calculate the mean, median and mode and publish the findings in Nature.

(this thread can serve as a peer review)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The same charger and cable and plugging in the same everything the same except the time taken to charge the phone. There has to be a reason for this.

The Electrician dad of a friend assured me many years ago that you should always leave plugs in their sockets when appliances are not in use, thus avoiding the electricity running out of the socket into the room and increasing the bill. Whilst clearly this is unwise from a safety aspect I do ensure that all unused sockets have those child safety plugs in them to achieve the same aim. I must have saved hundreds of pounds over the years by doing this.

:)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The Electrician dad of a friend assured me many years ago that you should always leave plugs in their sockets when appliances are not in use, thus avoiding the electricity running out of the socket into the room and increasing the bill. Whilst clearly this is unwise from a safety aspect I do ensure that all unused sockets have those child safety plugs in them to achieve the same aim. I must have saved hundreds of pounds over the years by doing this.

:)

???

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Sorry to ruin an excellent thread with a serious answer, but I bet there is some sort of power save feature in the tower thingy. The charger draws so little current that the tower is periodically deciding everything is off and is going into some sort of power save mode.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here