Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elano

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
Elano to Cologne on loan.
Man City looked a much better team when he was playing last year. Another questionable decision by the ever under pressure Mark Hughes.

Mar 13, 2008
City won't even make chumps league this season.
They arent targetting that. They want top 6.

Elano is a twat. If he isn't playing first team football he tries to get everyone against the manager. Him and Hughes have never liked each other.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They arent targetting that. They want top 6.

How can anyone suggest they're not targeting the top 4? You can't spend £25million on 2 different players, and all the rest on all the others and then be aiming for top 6! It's top 4 or bust for them this season, and I don't think they'll be good enough to get it. Kompany and De Jong are crap, but they're being relied on heavily in that midfield. Onouha is a very ordinary defender, but he's going to have to be a big player for them, and Lord only knows what they'll do when Bridge gets an inevitable injury! They've got good players, but I don't think they've got a strong enough, or well balanced enough, squad. Stuart Taylor as #2 goalie? Jesus, they'll be praying Shay Given stays fit! They need defenders, and quick.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
How can anyone suggest they're not targeting the top 4? You can't spend £25million on 2 different players, and all the rest on all the others and then be aiming for top 6! It's top 4 or bust for them this season, and I don't think they'll be good enough to get it. Kompany and De Jong are crap, but they're being relied on heavily in that midfield. Onouha is a very ordinary defender, but he's going to have to be a big player for them, and Lord only knows what they'll do when Bridge gets an inevitable injury! They've got good players, but I don't think they've got a strong enough, or well balanced enough, squad. Stuart Taylor as #2 goalie? Jesus, they'll be praying Shay Given stays fit! They need defenders, and quick.

Onouha is going to be involved in a probable swap deal for Lescott, and John Terry is still on their radar so I don't expect their spending to stop.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008

Kompany is a good centre back. De Jong is class. Barry and Ireland are both exceptional players so not too much reliance on the two you mention really. Onouha will only be a backup player, because as you've said, as well as Mark Hughes has, they need defenders and will therefore get defenders. If Lescott goes there he can play centre back and left back. Taylor is a competent number 2, and realistically how many games per season does a number 2 keeper get?

Everything you've said there is rubbish.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When he plays for Brazil he's class, for Man City he's terrible, Very strange.???

Ninja I think most of what you just posted is utter shit.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Onouha is going to be involved in a probable swap deal for Lescott, and John Terry is still on their radar so I don't expect their spending to stop.

I wish the John Terry talk would just end, there's not a chance in HELL that Terry is going there, it amazes me people are even thinking he might! Won't ever happen.

I'd forgotten they want Lescott, £20million for a centre back though? I think Lescott is class, don't get me wrong. But he's not £20million worth of centre back, surely?! Crazy, crazy money.

Kompany is a good centre back. De Jong is class. Barry and Ireland are both exceptional players so not too much reliance on the two you mention really. Onouha will only be a backup player, because as you've said, as well as Mark Hughes has, they need defenders and will therefore get defenders. If Lescott goes there he can play centre back and left back. Taylor is a competent number 2, and realistically how many games per season does a number 2 keeper get?

Everything you've said there is rubbish.

Kompany looked hopeless to me alot of the time last season, De Jong looked good at first but a mate of mine who watches City regularly described him to me and he sounded alot like Steven Thomson... Hopeless.

Well, Steve Harper was a "competent" number 2 at Newcastle for Given, but when he ruptured his bowel at West Ham, Harper had to play. If Given does get injured again, then Taylor will play. And he's dreadful, and will cost them points. The squad isn't strong enough right now, they've done things the wrong way around for me. You need to build from the back, they're leaving it far too late to sign the defence.

Mar 13, 2008

De Jong is class. Was injured all of the season before he went to city so was adjusting to a new league and trying to get fit at the same time.

Kompany is also class, got a very very good head on him and as second choice will be very good cover.

Onouha is only 21 and has had 3/4 knee injuries in recent years. He will improve with age.

New defenders will be signed and Hart can be recalled if Given gets injured.

They have said top 6 is the target and if they get 2 quality defenders they will get 4th. Arsenal with out Nasri and Ade will struggle.

Also if Terry really wasn't considering it then why hasn't he said so? The money and the need for a new challenge could sway him. And before anyone says he is Mr. Chelsea, he is Man Utd fan and played for West Ham as a boy, so he is far from Mr. Chelsea.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
I wish the John Terry talk would just end, there's not a chance in HELL that Terry is going there, it amazes me people are even thinking he might! Won't ever happen.

I'd forgotten they want Lescott, £20million for a centre back though? I think Lescott is class, don't get me wrong. But he's not £20million worth of centre back, surely?! Crazy, crazy money.

Kompany looked hopeless to me alot of the time last season, De Jong looked good at first but a mate of mine who watches City regularly described him to me and he sounded alot like Steven Thomson... Hopeless.

Well, Steve Harper was a "competent" number 2 at Newcastle for Given, but when he ruptured his bowel at West Ham, Harper had to play. If Given does get injured again, then Taylor will play. And he's dreadful, and will cost them points. The squad isn't strong enough right now, they've done things the wrong way around for me. You need to build from the back, they're leaving it far too late to sign the defence.

Terry may well end up going there, it wouldn't be continuing if there was NO chance he could. No smoke without fire. In terms of Lescott, it is all crazy money and they're the richest club in the world. It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if they paid that for him.

Kompany is young and was settling into a new league. I also think his better position is centre back as opposed to where he played last season. Your mate is a liar.

Given probably won't get injured and if he did Taylor would step in for a game or two and it would not be a problem.

They still have over a month to sign probably 2/3 more players, plenty of time when you have so much money you don't know how to spend it. The Robinho deal wasn't even rumoured before deadline day last year.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It's top 4 or bust for them this season.

There is some utter garbage in your post but this just about tops the lot. Bust from what? If they dont get it this season, and they will be close, they will spend another £100m+ next season. In fact it will do them well to wait a year, but one thing is for sure, within 3-4 years they will be getting to the last 4 of the Champs League and probably winning the prem.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Kompany was shit when Man City played down at Withers. He must therefore always be shit *logic*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here