Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd Injury... (warning now contains pictures!)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry can't see a thread on here. The Argus said it was a gash - some bloke on the train said his mate had told him they'd said on SSN that he'd broken his leg?

Doesn't seem to be anything on here about it?

Hope he's OK - It was Calde that injured him too :blush:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
While he has been immense this season, centre back is our most easily covered spot with Elphick and Dunk waiting in the wings. Wish a speedy recovery to Adam, whatever the injury may be.

mickywilkins

Oct 8, 2008
It is a deep gash on his thigh. He was due to have it sitched or covered last night before having surgery today. He needs stitches inside too as muscle was visable. He is likely to be out two weeks.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
My brother was told by a steward on his way out of the stadium that it was a broken ankle. Probably mixing him up with someone else. Argus says a deep cut. The reporter would have asked the question no doubt.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Worth mentioning that he said in the Argus he would be happy to end his career at Brighton.

Was that his 250th appearance?

He has certainly proved a hell of a lot of people wrong.

Get well soon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeh was odd the guy on the train seemed pretty convinced it was a leg break. Micky Wilkins - sounds not so bad then - thought the bit about seeing the muscle is sick!

mickywilkins

Oct 8, 2008
No break was mentioned by anyone in tunnel after the game. Doctor basically said it was deep cut to thigh and would be out 2 weeks if all goes well. Sounded pretty sick in detail..!
Played well when on, although Dunk did great as replacement.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No breakage, its just a very nasty gash which as mickywilkins said has needed internal and external stitching. Unpleasant, but still a massive relief that it wasn't a break or ligaments.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Quote from Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures :-

Meanwhile Poyet hopes Adam El-Abd will recover in time for the next League game against Colchester, after suffering a laceration to his leg, which forced him off in the first half.

"Adam had got a bad cut to his thigh which required a few stitches but I don't think it's too much of a problem.

"Knowing Adam I don't think it will be a problem, and he'll want to be back, but I think we are very lucky to have a cup game this Saturday, so we do not have to risk him."

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Sorry can't see a thread on here. The Argus said it was a gash - some bloke on the train said his mate had told him they'd said on SSN that he'd broken his leg?

Doesn't seem to be anything on here about it?

Hope he's OK - It was Calde that injured him too :blush:

What the Argus should have said is he is gash, and prone to odd injuries!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That bloke would die on the field for the Albion cause.The way he was throwing himself in for the last ditch blocks last night was near-on heroic!.:bowdown:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
The 'leg break' rumour started on Southern Counties' radio commentary. They were almost certain it was a break because of the players reaction but corrected themselves later in the game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The 'leg break' rumour started on Southern Counties' radio commentary. They were almost certain it was a break because of the players reaction but corrected themselves later in the game.

Butters was also speculating that he might have caught his studs in the turf and done his knee.

Didn't do much for my nerves listening to that first half.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Butters was also speculating that he might have caught his studs in the turf and done his knee.

I was listening to that, I know what you mean, it didn't help when he started talking about feet pointing in the wrong direction.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Being at the game it wasn't much better, was hard to tell what he had done but the players immediately motioned for a sub and then being stretchered off it didn't seem good.

Thankfully it doesn't seem that bad.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We didn't think it was anything knee-related at the time, only because it was obviously sustained in the collision with the other Albion player, which is probably why most people were suspecting a broken leg.

It's going to sting when he gets in the bath but hopefully won't keep a man as hard as him out for too long. Much better news than most of us thought :thumbsup:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Big Girls Blouse!

Being stretchered off cause he cut his leg :lolol:

Seriously though, glad its not bad hes been immense this season!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It is a deep gash on his thigh. He was due to have it sitched or covered last night before having surgery today. He needs stitches inside too as muscle was visable. He is likely to be out two weeks.

are you jimbo.GRFC in disguise?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm sure it was El-Abd who picked up a really nasty gash before.According to the the club doctor it was one of the worse he has seen. Something to do with blades instead of studs i seem to recall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here