Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eight and a half hour round journey - £100+ quid in expenses.......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I honestly hate the way we play now. The system is stupid. All I want is a traditional 4-4-2 and to stop bringing the subs on too late. We have got a really good team, one that should easily be in the top 6 this season. Every single time this season where we had the chance to get in the top 6 we blow it. I reckon we have missed out on about 18 points this season. I don't know what we are spending on wages but I bet it is a lot more than other clubs in this division. Either the players are no longer interested, or the players simply don't know what to do because of the style that we play. I hope next season does not turn out the same. Where's the ****ing passion. Calderon he might not be as skillful as a lot of the other players but here is one player that gives his all to this club.

TK's agent talking about leaving, when previously Thomas had expressed he was happy to wait on contract talks, TK and Bruno almost coming to blows. Ulloa looking like millstone not a saviour. Players appearing not to give a sxxt.

In my opinion, OG has lost the dressing room, that makes him a dead man walking.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TK's agent talking about leaving, when previously Thomas had expressed he was happy to wait on contract talks, TK and Bruno almost coming to blows. Ulloa looking like millstone not a saviour. Players appearing not to give a sxxt.

In my opinion, OG has lost the dressing room, that makes him a dead man walking.
I think the bulk of that is stuff and nonsense.
If TK can get a deal, he'll take it.
If players are aggressive, so be it, im sure that happens all the time to the best of them.

But what the hell is going on with Ulloa?

He's like a walking advert for all that was wrong with 1980's foreign footballers.
12 months ago he could have walked back to Spain.

As you can tell I don't believe in 'lost the dressing room'.
But in fairness it's not Oscar's dressing room to lose.

It's very much Gus' team, with the exception of Kemy, who Oscar 'lost' :facepalm:
We don't know what else was going on with the Bridcutt deal.
We don't know how seriously others players were involved.
We don't know if there's now some resentment towards the Albion.

We do know those players should now be thanking the club for making sure they dodged the bullet!!

Last edited:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I guess I missed a crucial 'only' out of my 30 miles bit.
My point still stands though, giving the team a good kicking because you wasted time money and stuff.
But not the fact that you wasted time, money etc, because nobody forced you to go.

Stat Brother. I think you must know that your argument is quite weak.

So - I go out today and buy something (service, product etc), take it home
and find it is unsatisfactory - and I wish to complain.

By your argument - I didn't have to go out and buy it in the first place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat Brother. I think you must know that your argument is quite weak.

So - I go out today and buy something (service, product etc), take it home
and find it is unsatisfactory - and I wish to complain.

By your argument - I didn't have to go out and buy it in the first place.
That only stands up if the product in question has a guaranteed level of service.

Following football doesn't come with that guarantee, although you'd think it does judging by flying banners etc.

I've never said you shouldn't complain about the product on display, it would seem you've been very restrained on that matter.
Probably because you're complaining about everything else instead, and that's the stuff you're liable for, not the club.

Unleash it, full force, on the players, manager, club, because they have let you down.
But not on the fact you are luckily enough to live 4 & 1/4 hours from Barnsley, have £100 to spend/waste, and a sympathetic g/f..

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
...a huge opportunity cost and lost goodwill with the other half

For a crock of s*it like that.

I have never felt so f***ed off at leaving a ground as today.

Only two players actually tried - Kaz and Macca.

Welcome to the world of Exiled Seagulls from all parts of the UK who do it every home game !!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was thinking earlier about what the most attacking team we could field in any one match could be (assumed injury free), and what formation they would take. Be interested to hear what people think.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I was thinking earlier about what the most attacking team we could field in any one match could be (assumed injury free), and what formation they would take. Be interested to hear what people think.

Ulloa
Lingard
CMS
Buckley
Lua Lua
Hoskins
Crofts
Spanish Rod
Orlandi
March
Koosh

0-3-7

But that's probably not what you meant... :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ulloa
Lingard
CMS
Buckley
Lua Lua
Hoskins
Crofts
Spanish Rod
Orlandi
March
Koosh

0-3-7

But that's probably not what you meant... :thumbsup:

Well, there's a late deflected goal there. Although I think the minus column could be a problem if Koosh doesn't play a blinder...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Although I think the minus column could be a problem if Koosh doesn't play a blinder...

You think?

Seriously?

Koosh
Bruno (just)
Dunk
Upson
Ward
Orlandi LAM
March RAM
Crofts CAM
Lingard In the hole
CMS Two up front
Ulloa Two up front

Would be as attacking as you could possibly go. Still weak at the back (no holding midfielder).

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I know its always a risk, but I have 1901 seats and invite clients every game, word gets out that we are playing utter sh ite and I have struggled to fill the seats for the last two games and as yet have no takers for any home games left this season. 'Clinton said 'its the economy stupid' and football 'is about goals stupid' and we are just not cutting it. The paucity of goals is outstandingly bad with no reckonable strategy to resolve it, I feel that the last games of the season will deliver much of the same and can only wonder at what Burke will deliver us next season?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why Lingaard, what has he done to merit inclusion in this?

I know that many don't rate him, but I actually do. I think he's skilfull, direct, unselfish, covers back well and plays others in. I can recall three lovely layoffs/passes that we really should have scored from.

I think part of the problem is that we think of him as a striker (probably due to him scoring 4 on his Brum debut), but he considers himself an attacking midfielder. Viewed like that, I think he makes the grade. :shrug:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I know that many don't rate him, but I actually do. I think he's skilfull, direct, unselfish, covers back well and plays others in. I can recall three lovely layoffs/passes that we really should have scored from.

I think part of the problem is that we think of him as a striker (probably due to him scoring 4 on his Brum debut), but he considers himself an attacking midfielder. Viewed like that, I think he makes the grade. :shrug:

Maybe its because the press coverage of him the preceded his arrival, billed him as a striker.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Maybe its because the press coverage of him the preceded his arrival, billed him as a striker.

Well indeed. Which was probably because of the 4 on his debut. QED.

However, he's said he's a midfielder and the player profile page on the club's website lists him as a midfielder too. Now, if we want to have a discussion about why he's mostly playing as a wide left attacker rather than as a central very attacking midfielder, I'd agree.

I don't think he's rubbish at all; just currently mostly played in the wrong position, all imo of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here