Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eidur Gudjohnsen [Merged - any more and I'll get grrrrrr angry]

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Firstly to be clear I haven't heard anything to suggest we have any interest in him but Eidur Gudjohnsen became available on a free last night after he mutually terminated his contract at AEK Athens. He's now 33, would you be happy if Gus picked up the phone and tried to bring him here? Might have a bit of a Chelsea connection and would be a big name that Gus is after.

Sounds like he is on decent wages though according to this article Gudjohnsen parts company with AEK Athens - FourFourTwo

Thoughts?

Last edited:

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
If you asked me that 7 years ago I would have agreed with you, but since he returned to the Premier League it's quite obvious age has caught up with him.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I love people saying NO to Eidur Gudjohson. Amazing.

he was playing for Barca 3 years ago!

It's not the quality of the player for me, it's the motivation. Some can handle it but these guys have made their small fortunes so money isn't the motivator so what is? I struggle to come up with too many names that have got into the downward spiral that could be considered successful ..... sure I will be put right. Barmby will be one, Kanu maybe but I reckon more just turn out to be a waste and can't get themselves up for it

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No thanks. Looked washed up some years ago. I don't think he was ever the same once he went too big (in terms of clubs) and found himself hardly ever playing.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Eidur Gudjohnson

Has been released by Aek Athens so I would be amazed if he isnt a considered option for the famous Brighton and Hove Albion, Excellent hold up player would link well with Vincente and CMS... wages will be high but he is 33?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Seriously mate, it's like two posts down from this thread, it didn't even require a search!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here