Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] EDF P&R (Portland Road) for West Ham & Newcastle

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
No one actually checked my ticket yesterday either way as a walk on passenger only (Foghorn, few beers and stroll up) Out of interest, did anyone else have their ticket checked?

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
No one actually checked my ticket yesterday either way as a walk on passenger only (Foghorn, few beers and stroll up) Out of interest, did anyone else have their ticket checked?
I had mine checked on entry to the car park, then again I showed to bus driver. Nothing on way back.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Mine was checked but they more just wanted to see a ticket rather than actually checked the ticket over.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Didn’t notice these on offer either. Has anyone on here got Newcastle ones yet or is the Sold Out button actually just a holding thing for when they’re released? WHU didn’t become available until the week of the game. Grrrr.

I got my Newcastle ones at the same time as the Wham ones. If you are just walking up I would just suggest waving your bit of paper at the steward as mine wasn't checked at all.

(nobody tell PBOBE)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No bus driver was checking, only car park

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No bus driver was checking, only car park
:thumbsup:

No one checked my bus ticket either - I used this P&R both ways with a booking for West Ham.

I guess I don’t want to bump someone who’s got to drive afterwards. I’ll use the regular buses next week.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thanks for posting, very glad to get a ticket for this.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
When does last bus leave from Portland Road
We were on a bus that left Portslade at just after 4.30pm last weekend. I’m not sure whether this was the last one, but we only made it to the Amex about 15 mins before kick off, so I wouldn’t want to leave it any later than that. Hoping to get to Portslade earlier this weekend, but that depends on the M25.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
No more listings for EDF which is a shame.

Does anyone know what the parking situation is for the Bournemouth game? Says no parking available due to Uni moving in. Will other sites be made available?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No more listings for EDF which is a shame.

Does anyone know what the parking situation is for the Bournemouth game? Says no parking available due to Uni moving in. Will other sites be made available?

EDF was made available quite late compared to the other parking options so still time for it to be available for Athens and Bournemouth matches.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
EDF was made available quite late compared to the other parking options so still time for it to be available for Athens and Bournemouth matches.
I see no reason why it shouldn't be used for Bournemouth, especially with other parking out of action.

As much as it would be useful after Athens with a 10pm ish finish and policing decisions yet to be made I can't see it. Staff will still be working at EDF from at least 5-6 although I'm not sure how many. Whenever I'm in an office almost anywhere these days it seems to be about 10% full.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I see no reason why it shouldn't be used for Bournemouth, especially with other parking out of action.

As much as it would be useful after Athens with a 10pm ish finish and policing decisions yet to be made I can't see it. Staff will still be working at EDF from at least 5-6 although I'm not sure how many. Whenever I'm in an office almost anywhere these days it seems to be about 10% full.
Yeah good point about office hours and EDF actually using their own car park. Fingers crossed for the Bournemouth match though.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
would love this to be available for the Ajax match which I'm going to

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The answer is that it won’t be used for any mid week games including Thursday but will continue to be used for weekend matches .

I spoke to one of the organisers or at least she had a supervisor badge on her top .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here