Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford / Lord Bracknell - doing well

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Super news! Best result of the weekend before a ball is kicked :)

D

Deleted User X18H

We dot really see eye to eye, but I genuinely with hand on heart , wish Ed and his partner Roz all the very best and a continued speedy recovery .

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Well, if the cancer is prostrate, it should be easy to beat...

Quite. One doesn't want to take prostrate cancer lying down.

Anyway, this is altogether a fine excuse to celebrate with some more mai tais over the weekend. Keep the good news coming, Lord B. England expects....etc.

Thanks also to you TLO for being the messenger of good news.

Cheers!
:bowdown:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not often news like this about a complete stranger on an internet forum would cheer me up so much but it has. With 14 years behind the NSC bell (and proud of it) LB is one of those few posters whose opinion I'll sit up and listen to, and when he gives us any information on the albion, I'll trust.

Hurry back sir!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Very glad to hear that – here's to a quality recovery. Thoughts and prayers with LB and Roz :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey Ed, I didn't know it had come back, (I really must log on to NSC more than once every couple of months). All the very VERY best, and if I haven't said it before thanks for everything you did during the battle for 'Falmer' (as we used to call it). Reading your rebuttals to all the crap put around by our enemies was the only thing that kept me sane some months.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've been given permission to post the following, as - while Lord Bracknell is happy for people to know how he is and what happened - his telling and re-telling the story could get quite onerous for him...

As many know, Ed was diagnosed with bowel cancer (David Bowelotti, as he named it) about 18 months ago. He had treatment, and was given an apparent all-clear. However, it was a pretty aggressive form of cancer and came back with a vengeance, which required a curative, and ultimately life-saving operation. It was 10 hours of 'pelivc clearance', the most rigorous operation your body can take and survive, and involved the removal of a fair bit of internal plumbing. I'll leave the details out for now. It was a successful operation, and has meant, without getting too scatalogical, Ed now has two bags for... well, you know what they're for.

Anyway, I went out to Firle last night to visit his Lordship, and I'm delighted to say he is looking quite chipper, and back to his grumbling best. He has had the cancer excised, and his next regime is to put on some weight and regain his strength. He is hoping to be back at the Amex before Christmas (maybe sooner), and out and about soonest.

One effect of the original treatment was to play havoc with his extremities (fingers and toes), so walking and holding things are proving a bit more of a challenge than they should but, while of course there's still ongoing treatment and check-ups to be had, we should be seeing Ed gingerly on his feet in the not-too-distant future.

From my own point of view, not knowing exactly what to expect what I went over there, seeing him looking so perky and positive has cheered me up no end.

Good news.

See?

His Lordship at the Amex yesterday, talking to a 'furry dildo' (© Guinness Dave) held by BBC Levo on a variety of subjects, after the match.

10406521_10152499737408775_4512375450310928619_n.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
See?

His Lordship at the Amex yesterday, talking to a 'furry dildo' (© Guinness Dave) held by BBC Levo on a variety of subjects, after the match.

View attachment 60016

Going by that picture, Lord B is looking in remarkably good health all things considered. Levo must have been pleased to find someone sensible to talk to as well:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here