Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ecuador’s three fearless Brighton amigos proud as Qatar opener arrives

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
They literally did. Half time came and thousands just buggered off home.
Maybe they are such a knowledgeable football crowd they didn't know there are two halves in football or realised all the 'fans' bouncing up and down were from the secret service on a day off so went home for 45 minutes of freedom?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They didn't describe him as Moses either.
Apparently, for his early exit WC departure, he does have one eye on the Red Sea, so.....

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Anybody count how many times Brighton was mentioned?
Here in Canada, the CTV/TSN commentators mentioned the BHAFC connection at least 3 times during the broadcast *and* pronounced Jeremy's surname correctly! ;)

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Here in Canada, the CTV/TSN commentators mentioned the BHAFC connection at least 3 times during the broadcast *and* pronounced Jeremy's surname correctly! ;)

In the US, Fox's commentary is f***ing dire. The only saving grace is that most of the time the sound mixing is so screwed up that you can't hear them much above the crowd noise. Just a vague mumbling.

But I did catch them mentioning Brighton multiple times, which is nice.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I don't know who 'sarimento' was, is he one of ours as well?
That annoyed me too - consistent. Was Warren on commentary duties? :unsure:

At least Dion Dublin got it right every single time, and you'd have thought the match summariser (can't remember who it was) would have (a) learnt pronunciations before the game and (b) realised when Dion was saying it differently that something was up.

Lovely to see all three Brighton players on the pitch, and doing similar moves to PL games. I certainly feel more interested in games with BHA players in them.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
There were 3 consecutive passes in the World Cup between 3 Brighton players in same team. Doubt that’s ever happened before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here