Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebola

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So 3,300 people have so far died across about three countries over 4 months - not really worthy of mass panic is it - given that probably a million plus died in the same period in Africa from Malaria - i know where I think the money should be spent.
I reckon the issue is that the number of cases could go up exponentially, whereas with malaria that is not the case.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They are saying it could become airborne.

Some are saying it already is and that's why it's spreading so fast.

Worrying.

MIA: Is that a fact?
VINCENT: No it's not, it's just what I heard.
MIA: Who told you?
VINCENT: They.
MIA: They talk a lot, don't they?
VINCENT: They certainly do.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There has NEVER been a case of a virus which is transmitted through bodily fluids mutating into an airborne virus. This is just scaremongering and plays on peoples ignorance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20341423

Hopefully you are right. I was surprised how many health workers contracted it though, given that it's quite easy to prevent contact with bodily fluids.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't fret. Glaxo Smithkline Beecham have announced they are currently fast tracking medication and immunisation. Should keep their bank balance healthy.

Perhaps I'll be less cynical when I'm lying on a gurney with my lungs leaking out of my jap's eye.

I'm eagerly awaiting the thread on NSC - "Ebola , will it stop you going to The Amex ?"

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
NSC is broken

26 posts in and no-one has responded with 'Could do a job'

Bad joke standards are slipping. Emmanual Eboue is a close enough name as well.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
NSC is broken

26 posts in and no-one has responded with 'Could do a job'

Bad joke standards are slipping. Emmanual Eboue is a close enough name as well.

If we were a cricket team Ebola could come in useful. :jester:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
maybe put an infected Ebola person in the ISIS... Kill 2 birds with one stone. Save a fortune.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Don't fret. Glaxo Smithkline Beecham have announced they are currently fast tracking medication and immunisation. Should keep their bank balance healthy.

Perhaps I'll be less cynical when I'm lying on a gurney with my lungs leaking out of my jap's eye.

Currently there are no drugs to treat Ebola, all they can do is try and boost your immune system to fight it.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
It's only spreading so quickly in Africa because vast swathes of the population haven't got a schoolboy about hygiene.
I read that in the original outbreak in Ebola in the then Zaire that their rituals around death include them cleaning the bodies by hand. So yes, very unhygienic, and was one of the reasons it spread so quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here