somewhat closer to home
suspected sufferer in Eastbourne hospital

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
somewhat closer to home
suspected sufferer in Eastbourne hospital

I did wonder why Poundland had sold out of builders protective facemasks this afternoon :blush:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I noticed no one bothered to comment on the fact, that the original nurse in Glasgow survived Ebola and is alive & well.

It's true, bad news sells.

Edit to add this.

A Public Health England spokesperson said: “PHE can confirm it has received a sample for precautionary Ebola testing, involving an individual in Eastbourne District General Hospital with a history of travel to West Africa. Ebola is considered unlikely but testing is being done as a precaution.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I noticed no one bothered to comment on the fact, that the original nurse in Glasgow survived Ebola and is alive & well.

Eight months later, she is in critical condition Ebola nurse Pauline Cafferkey 'critically ill' after condition deteriorates

While there have been reports of the virus lingering in the eyes of survivors and of transmission through semen, Cafferkey is the first person known to have a life-threatening recurrence of Ebola viral disease – though it is entirely possible that other survivors in west Africa may have fallen ill in the same way but without coming to public attention.

Cafferkey’s illness has taken doctors by surprise. Jonathan Ball, professor of molecular virology at the University of Nottingham, said it was known the virus could linger, “but this is frankly staggering. I am not aware from the scientific literature of a case where Ebola has been associated with what we can only assume as life-threatening complications after someone has initially recovered, and certainly not so many months after.

What a horrible disease.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports