Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebay question

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
Now, I sold a phone on Ebay - to what seemed abit of a dodgy customer. £300 they bid for a phone thats £250 new. anyway i assumed they were a non-payer and said i'd give them 24 hours. They then wrote back saying payment had been sent to my paypal. I checked paypal and had nothing, then i checked my email and had 3 emails for paypal saying that payment was recieved and was waiting for me to verify a shipping number.

I'm not a regular, but this doesn't seem right atall?

Just thought i'd check before i lost out on £300 for a £250 phone :lolol:

any help would be muchly appriciated

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Give the guy more time for f*** sake.24 hrs is nothing.Try waiting at least a few days

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
If it's not showing in your account on paypal.com in anyway shape or form of course it's not right.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
only1robbiereinalt said:
Now, I sold a phone on Ebay - to what seemed abit of a dodgy customer. £300 they bid for a phone thats £250 new. anyway i assumed they were a non-payer and said i'd give them 24 hours. They then wrote back saying payment had been sent to my paypal. I checked paypal and had nothing, then i checked my email and had 3 emails for paypal saying that payment was recieved and was waiting for me to verify a shipping number.

I'm not a regular, but this doesn't seem right atall?

Just thought i'd check before i lost out on £300 for a £250 phone :lolol:

any help would be muchly appriciated
It is a scam, the email was not from pay pal.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
algie said:
Give the guy more time for f*** sake.24 hrs is nothing.Try waiting at least a few days

shut up. you have no idea of the circumstances.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
ok thanks guys. i didn't think it was right, just thought id check!

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
Do Not send anything,this is a scam mostly originating in nigeria/phillipines.Mobile phones are there speciality,Refuse to send it contact ebay/paypal it will cost you the selling fee for now but launch a dispute and you will eventually get that back

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
gasgull said:
Do Not send anything,this is a scam mostly originating in nigeria/phillipines.Mobile phones are there speciality,Refuse to send it contact ebay/paypal it will cost you the selling fee for now but launch a dispute and you will eventually get that back

yep, the shipping adress was nigeria! i won't bother about the selling fee, was only 36p or something

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here