Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Easyjet to charge for hand luggage now.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Its slightly amusing really to see airlines which until quite recently were encouraging passengers to use hand luggage rather than hold luggage now effectively reversing themselves and giving the same reason as they originally gave for the old policy. I have no beef with easyjet I used to use them 8/10 times a year to and from France. I just think it is another example of "cheap" flights being not so cheap after all. As I said earlier in any case anything that discourages air travel would be a good thing.

sorry double post

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
They’ll be like WizzAir soon

‘£9.99 flights!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

£76.99 for luggage
£50 booking fees
£25 hand luggage fee
£20 seat selection
£49.99 for a small dwarf to throw a plant pot at you
£99.99 oxygen supply whilst on board

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Try travelling Wizzair. EVERY cabin bag is measured and even weighed, if it doesn't fit or is to heavy you pay £50 to check it in or you are off loaded.

This should be the stance of every airline. I've lost count of the number of times where I've seen people with clearly oversized and/or too heavy luggage for the cabin being waived through without any challenge.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
easyJet max size was really big though, used to do a week skiing on just hand luggage, within their 56 X 45 X 25 limit. Why wouldn't you use the max possible?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
easyJet max size was really big though, used to do a week skiing on just hand luggage, within their 56 X 45 X 25 limit. Why wouldn't you use the max possible?

Mini skis...? ???

source.gif

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This should be the stance of every airline. I've lost count of the number of times where I've seen people with clearly oversized and/or too heavy luggage for the cabin being waived through without any challenge.

Couldn't agree more, like many things in life (Covid reg's included) there's a huge segment of society that don't give a stuff and ignore any kind of rule/request that is asked of them.

Having suffered too many times with these inconsiderate ******* I've got no issue whatsoever with the EJ stance

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Couldn't agree more, like many things in life (Covid reg's included) there's a huge segment of society that don't give a stuff and ignore any kind of rule/request that is asked of them.

Having suffered too many times with these inconsiderate ******* I've got no issue whatsoever with the EJ stance

This. Those objecting to the EJ stance are doubtless those who have been taking the piss for years and have up til now been relying on ground staff and cabin crew being under pressure of time not to enforce their own airline's rules. A welcome change if it sends a clear message to all the clevor trevers to either leave the kitchen sink at home or pay the proper rate for its transport

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Yep, I totally agree. I often end up taking a small case as hand-luggage because of the checked luggage fees, but it's always within the permitted size and I have a small fold-up bag to use as my personal item (for things I might need in my seat). They often let you "gate-check" your hand luggage if the flight is full. I always go for that because I hate taking it on to the plane and fighting for the overhead bins with the people who've brought cases which are clearly too big.

If there's a charge for hand luggage then I'll opt for checked luggage, assuming the charge isn't too much more.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Of which i'm always happy to do, Always book seats A1 &A2 if there available, extras leg room and first out the door and away. lot less hassle for little money.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
In an unrelated question, how many layers of clothes are you allowed to wear while flying?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Good move by easy jet. Far too many people simply take the p###.

Queue up at luggage reclaim like the rest of us.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
i have never really understood how you can hurtle through the air covering 1000 miles in 2 hours and then dont have 10 minutes to stand at a carousel.

Especially as EJ flights normally go at stupid o'clock in the morning and you can rarely check in to where you're staying til 2pm at the earliest. It's just wallies wanting everything RIGHT NOW, even if they don't really know why

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good move as stated by others many passengers just take the piss with their luggage requirements.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People are crammed in because of the race to the bottom alluded to.

Most people want to fly from A to B as cheaply as they possibly can, so most airlines have given us that.

And in a world where there is precious little brand loyalty, and price comparison engines are a pivotal part of the purchasing decision for many, airlines need to have the lowest possible headline price to get potential customers to come their way.

In short, the public have got what the public want. Some don't like it quite so much any more.

But I want nothing this societys got
I'm going underground (going underground)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here