Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Easter Wishes

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Apologies to any non Christians offended by my forthcoming post (it's not lost on me when we did a poll on what peoples first names were who posted on here and Muhammed was a clear winner) but we would like to wish everyone a happy, peaceful and prosperous Easter. All kicks off today , one of the great days of the year Holy Wednesday, and then Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Eve, Easter Day and Easter Monday. So much to look forward to, it is a truly great time of year. So whatever you are doing and however you are celebrating Happy Easter folks.

:clap:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I feel like striking against Easter this year. It's much too early. There should be sunshine and bluebells at Easter, not pissing rain and mud.

Next year it is on the 20th April. That will be a proper Easter.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
These days, if you say 'Easter' you get arrested and thrown in jail. Not even allowed to finish your chocolate egg, either!
We've received Easter eggs from our Head Office for years.

This year we have each received a box of Lindt gold bunnies and eggs, featuring our corporate logo and this seasonal message...

Spring.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As someone who’s birthday is at the beginning of April, Easter is always exciting as sometimes my birthday is at Easter, and sometimes, it isn’t.

Exciting times!
Easter Sunday for me, this year! Double whammy :lolol:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Haven't the Woke banned Easter like they've allegedly banned Christmas, or did I dream that I'd read this in the Daily Mail :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I feel like striking against Easter this year. It's much too early. There should be sunshine and bluebells at Easter, not pissing rain and mud.

Next year it is on the 20th April. That will be a proper Easter.
Poor Jesus dies early this year.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't wait. I gave up crisps for Lent and I'm desperate for a packet. Will be a proper crisp feast on Friday.

My wife gave up chocolate for the same period, that has also been unbearable for me!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
These days, if you say 'Easter' you get arrested and thrown in jail. Not even allowed to finish your chocolate egg, either!
So, if you say 'Easter' you get arrested and thrown in jail. Not even allowed to finish your chocolate egg, either ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Haven't the Woke banned Easter like they've allegedly banned Christmas, or did I dream that I'd read this in the Daily Mail :shrug:
We're working on it, alright? Give us a chance. We're still knee deep in this England shirt flag campaign - there's only so many hours in the day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apologies to any non Christians offended by my forthcoming post (it's not lost on me when we did a poll on what peoples first names were who posted on here and Muhammed was a clear winner) but we would like to wish everyone a happy, peaceful and prosperous Easter.

No apology necessary, we all have different beliefs.

Good Friday is my favourite of all Christian festivals, as I like to celebrate the death of one of humanities most outrageous conmen.

Cheers

Jesus Mug.jpg

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm just putting the finishing touches on our Easter Bonnets for us all to wear on Easter Sunday. The Jnrs are particularly impressed that I've managed to sneakily incorporate Xbox into one bonnet. 'Y button are daffs, 'B' are roses, 'X' Bluebells & bits of grass for for the 'A' button, the older one is slightly disappointed that I didn't manage to incorporate his hobby into his.
I'm looking forward to my feet being washed tomorrow, I've spent a lot of the day looking for my toe nail clippers but I'm pleased to say I've found them.
Friday, I'll participating in the traditional event of queuing outside Ravens for 3 hours to get my Hot Cross buns admiring St Matthias Church across the road, fondly remembering Christingle services I went to when I was a child (aside from the one where my hair was singed by the tw@t beside me).
Saturday I'll be making my Simnel cake & hiding Easter Eggs all along the street for kids to find. Obviously H&S means I'll be wrapping them up very carefully so animals don't defecate on them.
Sunday I'll be cooking roast lamb, then we'll all sit around the table and eat with our Bonnets on. There'll be red wine to share as symbolism (actually it will be white as I don't like red but I add some beetroot slices so people don't think I'm drinking for the sake of it), one Jnr will have red grape shloer & the older one, red berry cider.
Easter Monday will involve a lovely walk in Stanmer Park where we will go to the place that we usually go sledging every year and have an egg rolling competition. I get up very early on Easter Monday to boil and paint all the eggs.
Easter tidings to you all. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here