Easter fixtures 2016

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why is there no games scheduled for Easter weekend?
Good Friday 24 March, Easter Monday 28 March

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The are no premier league matches between 20 March or 1 April either, must be an international break - is it the euro play offs?

Edit: No those are in November

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
that's a very early easter

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bloody FIFA! I really enjoy the Easter w/kend games. Shirley another break with tradition that the supporters wouldn't back, if we were given the choice. Usually one of the only away games I can get to, as I work Saturday mornings.

Barber out!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
That was one of the first things I looked for, as it's the time my family come down for a home game. Pretty disappointing. As is the last game v Boro.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bloody FIFA! I really enjoy the Easter w/kend games. Shirley another break with tradition that the supporters wouldn't back, if we were given the choice. Usually one of the only away games I can get to, as I work Saturday mornings.

Barber out!

I think that's the usual time for the International break, the trouble is Easter is a moveable feast.
Will be a boring long weekend w/o any football. I blame Jesus.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Might have to arrange an Amex tour that weekend, so it would feel like I'd had a football fix of sorts.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Seeing as the Christian calendar for Easter was set a considerable time before any FIFA deliberations, I can only think that FIFA are proving that they are not favouring that particular religion. Also Sky TV will be in meltdown.
I think this situation happened once before but it did not affect us as we were in the lower tiers at the time.

theboybilly

I think that's the usual time for the International break, the trouble is Easter is a moveable feast.

I can't ever remember not having games over the Easter period. In fact it only seems that comparatively recently that we haven't had a game on Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday (and not just the 2 matches as seems the norm nowadays)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It's the bishops at the council of Nicaea who are to blame. Bishops out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports