Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne - Whitehawk

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
So what's the answer to the Freeman comparison then? Are you going tell me this guy who got two promotions was a bad manager?

Good or bad manager, most Whitehawk players that sailed through the Sussex County League, Ryman One, Ryman Premier League, and into the Conference South, were all playing in Leagues well below their potential ability, but on wages that were more than some League One and Two players were getting. One Albion fringe player released by Albion during the late Withdean years virtually doubled his salary when signing for Whitehawk.

Given the riches at disposal to attract quality players, even Hyypia could have got Whitehawk promoted.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
So what's the answer to the Freeman comparison then? Are you going tell me this guy who got two promotions was a bad manager?

Three promotions wasn't it?

The answer to the Freeman comparison is that when, as a County League side, you can afford to offer players from Conference sides more than they were getting for playing against professionals each week and afford to sign players such as Sam Gargan, Tommy Fraser and Joe Gatting who have been released from a club SIX levels above you in the pyramid then if you aren't romping league titles its a failure

What is six levels above the Championship? Say top end international football. If you shoved Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Manuel Neuer into the Albion line up and we did well then would you say it was down to Hyypia being a good manager?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here