Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand & the Sunshine

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Sounds like a catchy band name.

Since I'm getting set to take my seat in the East Stand (Block G - pretty much just underneath the wing of the seagull), I was wondering how much of a problem the sunshine was coming over the top of the West. Is it going to be a case of buying a baseball cap to take along to each game to avoid squinting in the sun?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I suspect it might be - how often is it that sunny though ?

More od a concern - what is the pitch of the seats. Are the steps bigger/smaller than the Withdean South Stand ? From some of the videos it does look like heads are more in the way.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sounds like a catchy band name.

Since I'm getting set to take my seat in the East Stand (Block G - pretty much just underneath the wing of the seagull), I was wondering how much of a problem the sunshine was coming over the top of the West. Is it going to be a case of buying a baseball cap to take along to each game to avoid squinting in the sun?

Well im pretty much were you are and although the sun was burning hot. It didnt actually interfere with the view. It was more a case of a burnt face. Plenty of sun tan lotion and a cap is probably sensible though.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Thanks all... from the looks of the webcam over the summer, it seems like the sun is always blazing down at 3pm. Hopefully it won't be a problem over the winter...

[MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION] - I'm in E1G L 665, are you anywhere in the vicinity? Sounds like they should consider selling sun lotion in the concourse! Definitely case for buying a hat pre-kick off.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
More od a concern - what is the pitch of the seats. Are the steps bigger/smaller than the Withdean South Stand ? From some of the videos it does look like heads are more in the way.

There is no problem whatsoever with the view. Even my kids (aged 8 and 10) had no problem with adults heads blocking the way in front of them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I gather the head of the person in front of you is at CROTCH level.

Which is nice.

nyehus

Jun 21, 2011
I gather the head of the person in front of you is at CROTCH level.

Which is nice.

thats what i thought until look at the photos i took last week and noticed someones head in the way

Attachments

• CIMG2269.JPG
    CIMG2269.JPG
    597.6 KB · Views: 351

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
thats what i thought until look at the photos i took last week and noticed someones head in the way

I'm in the WSU, my mate who went to the Spurs game made the crotch remark. Maybe its not as steep in the East ?

You need to sort the clock out on your camera.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I would say that it is not as steep a rake as the old family stand used to be - there were a few times when people stood up along the line and I had to lift up my kids. However it is better than many stands I've been to round the country.

I think the difference is mostly down to the distance from the pitch - at withdean the south and east stands were so far away that even if someone stood up along the line it didnt block your view (it only did if the person directly in front of you).
And yes I think baseball caps will be the order of the day - at least until end sept and from march next year

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It'll be fine. The club haven't publicised this much but Bloom's had the whole stadium built on a huge turntable so if he fancies topping up his tan, they can spin it round for the second half. You'll be in the shade then ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here