Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand renamed The Marie Celeste

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
On the 82nd v Birmingham east stand was almost empty
On the 85th minute last night and with 5 mins injury time so another whole 10 mins of football left it was down to about 20% capacity

Shall we rename the east stand The Marie Celeste
Well it certainly did look & sound like a ship deserted last night
Shocking to see

on the 82nd v birmingham east stand was almost empty
on the 85th minute last night and with 5 mins injury time so another whole 10 mins of football left it was down to about 20% capacity

shall we rename the east stand the marie celeste
well it certainly did look & sound like a ship deserted last night
shocking to see

Got home in 20 minutes:thumbsup:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
In fairness, it was a wet and windy Tuesday night with the prospect of waiting in a long line for P&R in store if you didn't make an early break for it. We left bang on the final whistle and even then we missed the first run of P&R buses.

To be honest, I find this whole "lets criticise our own fans" thing rather tiresome. Once again, the North Stand spends most of the night seeming singing about our own fans. Not a criticism, just an observation...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On the 85th minute last night and with 5 mins injury time so another whole 10 mins of football left it was down to about 20% capacity

Shocking to see

To be honest, the more people who make a dash for it, the less the bar queues. Works for me.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I was shocekd at the amount of people that where leaving before the 85th minute, i originally thought perhpas everyone wanted to take up the clubs offer of 15% of Harveys. I wouldnt want to leave before the end of the game after paying the money to come i wouldnt want to miss anything.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Never really understood what it's got to do with anyone else what time you leave. If leaving 5 or 10 mins early is the difference of getting home in 20 mins or getting home in 2 hours, i know what my choice would be.

Can't see why people get so uptight about it, it's sod all to do with anyone else.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Shocking to see

We left on 90 mins on Saturday because Jnr Bobkin - who had struggled with not feeling great during the match - had had enough.

If it makes you feel better there were plenty of people outside at this point, many from other stands.

The east, especially the family area is always going to be the stand that empties the fastest. Night games, when kids have school the next morning, and whose parents don't want to feel the wrath of moody(er) offspring, are always going to be even 'worse' if you want to put it like that.

Not sure its shocking to see - I'd rather have the next generation of fans there for 85 mins of a game, than not at all.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I'd say in the 50 seats nearest me in the ESU, only about 15 were full after 85 minutes. I'll never understand it, but it makes it easier for me to get out at FT so i won't complain...

D

Deleted member 22389

That I suppose is another benefit of cycling to the stadium. You don't need to leave early to avoid the crush. You can leave at your steam not worrying your going to miss the last bus, or last train. I don't blame people wanting to leave a few mins early. Obviously it looks a bit weird having a half empty stadium when the match is still playing.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's true that it's nobody's business what time fans decide to leave.

However, if we expect 100% effort from players into the 95th minute, maybe we're more likely to get it if the stands are still full at that point. I know players are professional etc etc but it must have some sort of psychological effect if you can see thousands of people pouring through the exits with several minutes still to play.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We left at about 3rd minute of injury time last night and by that time all the stands not just the east were half empty to be fair, Its all well and good picking on one stand in particular but all the time people were leaving in the east stand so were people in the north and west, didn't notice the south but assume its the same.

And the simple fact is why does it matter so much to some people.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's true that it's nobody's business what time fans decide to leave.

However, if we expect 100% effort from players into the 95th minute, maybe we're more likely to get it if the stands are still full at that point. I know players are professional etc etc but it must have some sort of psychological effect if you can see thousands of people pouring through the exits with several minutes still to play.

Your right about the players. Hopefully they understand the reasons why. By the time they have showered and changed the Amex is probably empty.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Hooray another thread about people leaving early. It happens in every match in every stadium. For the record I haven't missed a minute yet. I don't understand why some decide to drink while the match is on but again each to their own.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's very rare that I have left early. Last night I left on 88mins.
I'd had 3 days of working nearly non stop and I wanted to get home to get an earlyish night, as I was up again at 5.30am.
Either a case of leaving a little early and catching the first run of S buses, or waiting an hour for another one to bother turning up.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here