Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand Ejections - open apology

Shaz

Jul 18, 2011
Top of the World
I have two very well behaved children thanks. and both doing very well.
My son has been going with me for 14yrs since the age of 3 and he knows how 'passionate' I can be, as he also knows how I can travel up and down the country and mix with any away fans with no trouble at all. Some are very good friends as I've been welcomed into their home ends on many occasions (that includes the likes of Millwall, WHU, Forest and Leeds). My son's Godfather is a Torquay fan and I missed the Forest game at home the other week as I was at a Wedding of a Coventry fan. On St George's day I share a table with Millwall, Charlton, Chelsea and for my sins a Palace fan.
My point? These people give me less grief than some of my own 'comrades', fans with passion who vent their angers and frustrations through verbals in a football ground, not by offering their fists to their 'fellow suppoorters' and I am welcome because of the way I conduct myself and are not easily offended by colourful language.

As for loyalty and comradeship, some adult clever-dick confronted my son on his return to the stand on Saturday and said he would have been embarrassed if I was his dad. What was this cowardly person trying to achieve?
My son's response was " I would have been embarrassed if my dad threatened another BHA fan".
As he is studying law, he was able to distinguish between my verbal outburst in anger (whether acceptable or not) and common assault of which the other chap was guilty of.
'Sit down shut up' I think the phrase goes, or is that controversial also?

Merry Christmas Mr. Rivet and make sure you put my ban on your list to Santa

ps I hope that halo doesn't slip and blind you even further.

Couldn't have siad it better myself. Happy Christmas

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I have two very well behaved children thanks. and both doing very well.
My son has been going with me for 14yrs since the age of 3 and he knows how 'passionate' I can be, as he also knows how I can travel up and down the country and mix with any away fans with no trouble at all. Some are very good friends as I've been welcomed into their home ends on many occasions (that includes the likes of Millwall, WHU, Forest and Leeds). My son's Godfather is a Torquay fan and I missed the Forest game at home the other week as I was at a Wedding of a Coventry fan. On St George's day I share a table with Millwall, Charlton, Chelsea and for my sins a Palace fan.
My point? These people give me less grief than some of my own 'comrades', fans with passion who vent their angers and frustrations through verbals in a football ground, not by offering their fists to their 'fellow suppoorters' and I am welcome because of the way I conduct myself and are not easily offended by colourful language.

As for loyalty and comradeship, some adult clever-dick confronted my son on his return to the stand on Saturday and said he would have been embarrassed if I was his dad. What was this cowardly person trying to achieve?
My son's response was " I would have been embarrassed if my dad threatened another BHA fan".
As he is studying law, he was able to distinguish between my verbal outburst in anger (whether acceptable or not) and common assault of which the other chap was guilty of.
'Sit down shut up' I think the phrase goes, or is that controversial also?

Merry Christmas Mr. Rivet and make sure you put my ban on your list to Santa

ps I hope that halo doesn't slip and blind you even further.

If everyone got the same punishment for swearing at football there would be a lot of empty seats. Infortunately colourful language comes as part of the experience and like i said im no angel. In the heat of the moment and a game thats highly charged, as saturday was, other supporters with kids will be fired up and that has obviously spilt into a bit of a confrontation which is a shame. Im sure now that the situation is over that the two guys involved can shake one anothers hand and forget this whole unfortunate episode.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
There was plenty of colourful language in the East as there has been on occasion all season (At least near the half way line where I sit where there isn't many kids about), I think the line is drawn at the C word though. It offends a greater amount of people than any other swear word

D

Deleted member 18477

i personally can't work out how anyone managed to NOT swear in that game. If you did, you're VERY talented i must say!

i swore more times in that game than i have in the last 5 years of my life! The referee was a wanker and he deserved all the abuse he got. wanker!

At my presentation when choosing my seat they seemed to hint that if you swore in the east, a simple apology to any offended persons around you would be adequate and accepted. If the club are ejecting people JUST for swearing at events in the game, that is a tad pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
There are several kids sitting near me in the north stand. They are exposed to fruity language every match so I assume their parents aren't too worried about it. They certainly had their vocabulary enhanced on Saturday.

I think ur behind me- row v, im the one with the lad who stands on his seat between me and my brother. He's 8 and hears worse language at school, but i've told him as long as he doesnt repeat what he hears then he can continue to watch his beloved brighton

glentana

glentana
Oct 6, 2010
hastings
There was plenty of colourful language in the East as there has been on occasion all season (At least near the half way line where I sit where there isn't many kids about), I think the line is drawn at the C word though. It offends a greater amount of people than any other swear word
Wouldn't dissagree mate.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I think ur behind me- row v, im the one with the lad who stands on his seat between me and my brother. He's 8 and hears worse language at school, but i've told him as long as he doesnt repeat what he hears then he can continue to watch his beloved brighton

That's fair enough - I suppose when we were 8 we more or less knew what all those naughty words meant!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Keep political correctness out of football for fukc sake .... little jonny probably swears like a trooper when at school because his friends do

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011

... the "C" word - that's not "Clever" is it? ;)

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
If the club are ejecting people JUST for swearing at events in the game, that is a tad pathetic.

Glentana, sorry to drag this up for you again but can you confirm if you were ejected for the offence of swearing or for the aggression aspect of your behaviour (I appreciate you have told us you were also subject to threats and verbal), as it is not quite clear and some on here are appearing to be questioning the clubs decision making without all the info available?

glentana

glentana
Oct 6, 2010
hastings
Glentana, sorry to drag this up for you again but can you confirm if you were ejected for the offence of swearing or for the aggression aspect of your behaviour (I appreciate you have told us you were also subject to threats and verbal), as it is not quite clear and some on here are appearing to be questioning the clubs decision making without all the info available?
Swearing i believe. Regarding aggression, i only reacted verbally when this chap came over and threatened me. I did also gesture to him as he kept on with the threats, but at no time were any punches thrown by anyone, just posturing really. Anyway, he was two rows down, I've got nothing that could reach that far!! These things always look worse than they are. The stewards were ok outside and told OB they were dealing with the matter, but you never know. at no time was I actually / formally told why I was ejected. I await formal confirmation by post at some point.

Merry Christmas

Last edited:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Swearing i believe. Regarding aggression, i only reacted verbally when this chap came over and threatened me. I did also gesture to him as he kept on with the threats, but at no time were any punches thrown by anyone, just posturing really. Anyway, he was two rows down, I've got nothing that could reach that far!! These things always look worse than they are. The stewards were ok outside and told OB they were dealing with the matter, but you never know. at no time was I actually / formally told why I was ejected. I await formal confirmation by post at some point.

Merry Christmas

Not really any of my business, but what about to the perfectly friendly (young) steward, and I quote: "You touch me one more time, and I'll knock you out" x3?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Fair play to you Glentana, Im in the east with my littlens and every so often I shouted things followed by me shouting "Sorry everyone" to the folks around me, to be fair my two know people swear watch tv when people swear but they know it is wrong and therefore do not swear themselves because they no this I personaly do not have a major issue, after all its football

glentana

glentana
Oct 6, 2010
hastings
Not really any of my business, but what about to the perfectly friendly (young) steward, and I quote: "You touch me one more time, and I'll knock you out" x3?
I do recollect something like that and not good but was already leaving by then and had stated that to the stewards. The 'red mist' does come down if man-handled uneccessarily. But all was good in the concourse with handshakes all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here