East Stand Ejections - open apology

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

glentana

glentana
Oct 6, 2010
hastings
Before I say anything else, I would firstly like to apologise unreservedly for any offence I may have caused towards my fellow BHA fans on Saturday.
I like to think I am a reasonable chap generally, but sometimes my passion for football (whether it be BHA or England) does get the better of me. In reading the postings here regarding Saturday’s ‘East Stand Ejections’ it’s quite obvious some of you took exception to how I verbally attacked the referee and on reflection I tend to agree with some of their sentiments.
Having said that, I am not a lover of the ‘sanitisation’ of the modern football crowd, replacing passion with popcorn and Mexican Waves does nothing for the atmosphere in the modern game. When passions run high (as they were unusually high on Saturday) there is always the chance someone will go OTT and on this occasion it was me and I accept that.
As for the fellow from two rows down who took particular exception on the day, perhaps he should also reflect on his own behaviour towards a fellow BHA fan.
Sometimes just a calming influence is required as opposed to confrontation and aggression.

Just for the record, after Nooney was fouled and no free-kick given, I leapt up and called the Ref a c**t!
Not good I know.
I was then subjected to personal verbal abuse and threatened with physical violence, which is why it got out of hand.

The day I have to sit quietly at a live football match is the day I will pack it all in (a decision which may suit some of you already).
That decision may well now be taken out of my hands due to Saturday’s events and into the hands of the authorities at BHA – so be it, rules are rules.

Merry Christmas
:wave:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Fair enough, I must admit I was using lanuague which I wouldnt usually dream of. East Stand was probably the worst place to use it though!

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I was in the family stand, and there was a fair bit of abuse getting thrown about. I think people should accept that Saturday was an exceptional occasion where many lost there reserve/cool whatever you want to call it.

I think a warning and perhaps a suspended ban should be sufficient for a few choice words

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I could never sit in the east stand even with a child. I grew up in the old north stand and loved it. You hear far worse in a school playground.

There's plenty of kids in the north so perhaps you should think about moving in the future.

Good luck to you but i fear you will be banned for quite some length.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm lucky they were worrying about him because I was getting more sweary than usual...many of the East Stand could have been ejected on Saturday.

Is the family bit North Or South end? I think it's North 'cos that's where all the ankle biters seem to gather.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm lucky they were worrying about him because I was getting more sweary than usual...many of the East Stand could have been ejected on Saturday.

Is the family bit North Or South end? I think it's North 'cos that's where all the ankle biters seem to gather.

North end

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

I was also caught up in it all and on saturday i sat in the wsl and not the north. It's the first time this season i was saying/doing things i don't normally do since i was a teenager.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I could never sit in the east stand even with a child. I grew up in the old north stand and loved it. You hear far worse in a school playground.

There's plenty of kids in the north so perhaps you should think about moving in the future.

Good luck to you but i fear you will be banned for quite some length.
So did I, and I love the family stand. It's a great place to watch the game with kids. Not been in the North yet, but have heard that there are one or two in there who bring along their 7 or 8 year old kids and swear F**k and C**t all game. Classy.

The difference between the North Stand of old and modern stadia is that in the old days if you had a chavvy tosser with a potty mouth anywhere near your child, you could simply move.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Having to appologise for calling the ref a c**t, my god, some of you fluffy football fans should have a day out at Upton park or the Den....even the vicar calls the ref a c**t there !!! Bloody detest modern football these days.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hopefully some common sence will prevail ni extenuating circumstances but you're in the wrong and I expect judge on previous postings you may get a ban.

Someone said they got 3 match for swearing and standing in the NS after complaints were made. Doing it in the East Stand is a bit more dangerous.

I could probably get banned by my comments but then would half the Stadium!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So you called the referee a **** at a football match, I can't really see where the problem is....especially as he was QUITE CLEARLY a ****.

Unlucky glentana.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Before I say anything else, I would firstly like to apologise unreservedly for any offence I may have caused towards my fellow BHA fans on Saturday.
I like to think I am a reasonable chap generally, but sometimes my passion for football (whether it be BHA or England) does get the better of me. In reading the postings here regarding Saturday’s ‘East Stand Ejections’ it’s quite obvious some of you took exception to how I verbally attacked the referee and on reflection I tend to agree with some of their sentiments.
Having said that, I am not a lover of the ‘sanitisation’ of the modern football crowd, replacing passion with popcorn and Mexican Waves does nothing for the atmosphere in the modern game. When passions run high (as they were unusually high on Saturday) there is always the chance someone will go OTT and on this occasion it was me and I accept that.
As for the fellow from two rows down who took particular exception on the day, perhaps he should also reflect on his own behaviour towards a fellow BHA fan.
Sometimes just a calming influence is required as opposed to confrontation and aggression.

Just for the record, after Nooney was fouled and no free-kick given, I leapt up and called the Ref a c**t!
Not good I know.
I was then subjected to personal verbal abuse and threatened with physical violence, which is why it got out of hand.

The day I have to sit quietly at a live football match is the day I will pack it all in (a decision which may suit some of you already).
That decision may well now be taken out of my hands due to Saturday’s events and into the hands of the authorities at BHA – so be it, rules are rules.

Merry Christmas
:wave:
good luck to you mate, I would have thought Saturday was a case of special circumstances in general. They could've chucked the whole of the north stand out for similar and there was no sign any threats of violence there :albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As long as it wasn't in the family section, I don't see the problem

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
There are several kids sitting near me in the north stand. They are exposed to fruity language every match so I assume their parents aren't too worried about it. They certainly had their vocabulary enhanced on Saturday.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Any stand is fair game for anglo saxon APART from the fam/East stand as it was marketed as ZERO tolerance. I have told my kids to expect alot when we go WSU against Stains. If I didnt want them to hear it I would go in the East.

I find it SHOCKING if someone was banned from the North for three games for use of ANY swearing.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There are several kids sitting near me in the north stand. They are exposed to fruity language every match so I assume their parents aren't too worried about it. They certainly had their vocabulary enhanced on Saturday.

I've been regularly taking my son (he's now 10) to games at Brighton and Ebbsfleet for nearly 3 years now, and I work on the basis that he won't learn how to behave by me simply keeping him away from all forms of bad behaviour. He will hear these words, he will see hand signals etc, but the lesson in knowing what you say and o, and even an appreciation of there being different levels of acceptability in different circumstances.

Just keeping his ears covered - although, if Tony is reading this, top effort on doing that when it got especially "fruity on Saturday LOL - doesn't really teach him anything. As has been said, he'll hear the same sort of thing on the playground unfortunately, and he just needs to learn what the acceptible boundaries are.

Having said that, it's because I feel this way that we HAVEN'T gone for tickets in the family stand. If I wanted to protect his ears, I would have bought seats over there, so perhaps the acceptance level is rightfully lower in the East.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports