Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early Local Election results - UKIP smashing it

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Conservatives lose Castle Point to no overall control

Independents win 6, Ukip win 5, Conservatives win 3 seats. Which means Ukip has gained 5, Tories have lost 5. The new council: C 20, Ind 16, UKIP 5.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Terrible night for Labour in Rotherham - they'll still control the council (they have for 80 years) but with a proper opposition."

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
UKIP has won its first seat on Hull City Council.

The council tweets: Result for Southcoates East Ward; Richard Barrett, UK Independence Party, 638 votes, duly elected.

This was the seat of former Labour Lord Mayor David Gemmell. He lost the seat by just 9 votes.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Ukip has gained four seats in Southend-on-Sea – two from the Conservatives and two from the Lib Dems. The Conservatives look likely to lose overall control of the council, the Press Association reports."

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
'Mayhem' in Portsmouth

UKIP's Julie Swan is smiling as it looks like she could have taken the Portsmouth Fratton ward from the sitting councillor and MP Mike Hancock.

She admits the party has concentrated on online campaigning rather that canvassing door-to-door.

Labour group leader John Ferrett says UKIP has caused "mayhem" in the city's political landscape.

First change of seats in Hastings:-

Silverhill - Election Result

Borough Council Election, 22 May 2014

Turnout: 41.2%

Fitzgerald (Lab) 639 (49.9%)
Lock (Con) 435 (34.0%)
Carey-Stuart (Green) 159 (12.4%)
Pickard (Lib Dem) 48 (3.7%)

Lab Gain

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This UKIP bloke is complete nuts

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
Honestly. I have defended UKIP against the hysteria created by the big 3 and Murdoch but I am only really desperate for one thing. Those lying scummy Lib Dems to lose as many seats as possible.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Honestly. I have defended UKIP against the hysteria created by the big 3 and Murdoch but I am only really desperate for one thing. Those lying scummy Lib Dems to lose as many seats as possible.

Lib Dems are the fourth party as of today. The main three are now CON, LAB and UKIP.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why? They've been part of a coalition that has dragged this country out of the s**t.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Conservatives have lost control of Peterborough. No party has a majority now - after major UKIP gains.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
This is the Ukip effect:

Conservatives lose Tamworth to no overall control.

Conservatives lose Southend-on-Sea to no overall control.

Basildon falls into NO overall control. no longer tory

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here