Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early leavers

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Got a Spurs supporting friend who always leaves early. Back in the day at the Goldstone Spurs were wining 1 nil with 5 minutes to go so off he trots, as he's leaving the ground he hears a roar, 100 yards up the road another roar, we won 2-1. Guess at least he didn't see them lose....

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
The early leaver problem last night was possibly not helped by an issue with trains that cropped up in the second half.

Sadly someone was hit by a train at Fishersgate which cancelled all trains heading from Brighton west along the coast. Bus companies were trying to sort rail replacement but I can only imagine there was absolute chaos. If people were aware of the issue, I'm maybe not too surprised if some decided to start making their way home via what ever means they could.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Got a Spurs supporting friend who always leaves early. Back in the day at the Goldstone Spurs were wining 1 nil with 5 minutes to go so off he trots, as he's leaving the ground he hears a roar, 100 yards up the road another roar, we won 2-1. Guess at least he didn't see them lose....
I was at that match. Smash and grab.

I know many people have a last train to catch etc, but a good number of people who left early could have stayed, and I bet they wish they did now.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I remember that game from my childhood. Amazing. Maybe one reason I'd never clear off early. I always snigger a bit when we get some late drama.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Can’t see anything after a quick scan over NSC

But I hope you enjoyed the game last night!!! How many of you think it ended 0-0

Personally I can never understand leaving early but each to their own.
From my view in the WSU a lot of gaps started appearing in the ES from early second half. Think there was a train problem. I don't like it in normal circumstances though. I've seen people do it in the tightest of games. I don't know how you can do it.

Quite a few went with 2 mins to gowon my row but it was good because I got to have a jump around at the end with a sweet shy Japanese lad who was on his own, and he came over to us to watch the penalty together. Then stayed to have a group pogo at our new techno anthem.

He was really giving it some and having whale of a time. Reminded me of the Zap for a minute there.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
God this is tedious.

"How did you spend your Friday after a great game of football? Were you celebrating?"

"Nah, I logged into the fan message board to call out a load of people who support the same club as me to inexplicably gloat in their faces because I don't have the issues outside of football several of them probably do."

"...OK."

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Listen, I'm the greatest superfan there's ever been.

I know every verse of Sussex by the Sea. I've never missed one second of a football match, in fact i watch the whole pre-match warm up and keep a detailed log of which players are trying the hardest. I read the programme front to back, then back to front again.

It beggars belief that other people can enjoy the game without these important details. How anyone thinks they're a proper fan without keeping a warm up log is beyond me :shrug:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
God this is tedious.

"How did you spend your Friday after a great game of football? Were you celebrating?"

"Nah, I logged into the fan message board to call out a load of people who support the same club as me to inexplicably gloat in their faces because I don't have the issues outside of football several of them probably do."

"...OK."
Guess you left early then or didnt go at all?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Quite a few went with 2 mins to gowon my row but it was good because I got to have a jump around at the end with a sweet shy Japanese lad who was on his own, and he came over to us to watch the penalty together. Then stayed to have a group pogo at our new techno anthem.

He was really giving it some and having whale of a time. Reminded me of the Zap for a minute there.

Not with that tacky Euro tune surely?! The Zap was WAY better than that ;)

If I'd be there last night, I would have missed the goal as always leave on 90 mins to get the train from Falmer to Lewes and then onto home. No biggie, I can live with missing the odd goal in injury time against waiting for ages at the station for a train. Each to their own I say

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here