Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early leavers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be more worried about the dearth of atmosphere, and almost non existent positive atmosphere for the last 15 minutes.

It pains me to say it but today The AMEX was the polar opposite to Selhurst, yesterday.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I'd be more worried about the dearth of atmosphere, and almost non existent positive atmosphere for the last 15 minutes.

It pains me to say it but today The AMEX was the polar opposite to Selhurst, yesterday.

There was a distinct nervousness in that final 15 minutes, not least because we were sitting back and seemingly incapable or just keeping the ball for more than a few passes. Bound to have an effect...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There was a distinct nervousness in that final 15 minutes, not least because we were sitting back and seemingly incapable or just keeping the ball for more than a few passes. Bound to have an effect...
Doesn't really explain the previous 75 minutes though, does it?
Anyway all I heard from those knobs up the road, in the last 15 minutes yesterday, was them chanting and doing anything they could to drive the team forward.

Nervousness didn't come into it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I CANNOT stand them,get out of my club you bunch of stains.

Unless your Tony Bloom, as i'd guess your not as he wouldn't use all capitals to spell a word it is not your club so bore off.
Its not a concentration camp or prison, attendees are are free to come and go as they feel.

Jan 30, 2008
to many middle aged and OAP in the crowd these days, yeah they're entitled to go but forget about a knees up and a sing song , it's all finished................ " premier league you're having a snooze" :lolol:
regards
DR

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Doesn't really explain the previous 75 minutes though, does it?
Anyway all I heard from those knobs up the road, in the last 15 minutes yesterday, was them chanting and doing anything they could to drive the team forward.

Nervousness didn't come into it.

If you love it so much go join them.

Jan 30, 2008
Unless your Tony Bloom, as i'd guess your not as he wouldn't use all capitals to spell a word it is not your club so bore off.
Its not a concentration camp or prison, attendees are are free to come and go as they feel.
WELL, WITH THE AMMOUNT OF CCTV AND A GRASS HOTLINE to call you'd have thought different???
regards
DR

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Agree, the atmosphere was crap but no surprise with it being a 12,30 KO on New Year’s Day. There were plenty in the ground who looked like they’d have preferred to be in bed sleeping off last night’s festivities.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree, the atmosphere was crap but no surprise with it being a 12,30 KO on New Year’s Day. There were plenty in the ground who looked like they’d have preferred to be in bed sleeping off last night’s festivities.

T'is a shame there's always an excuse after every time someone draws attention to this issue.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You wouldn’t leave the cinema and miss the last 10 minutes of a film would you !!!
I left an opera at half time.

End of the day, people can leave when they want, it's no-one else's business. I don't get what impact it has on fellow fans who stay (unless they block their view when they are leaving...)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Well the early leavers at least turned up before leaving early for a fixture moved to a lunchtime kick off for tv after the biggest piss up night of the year. Plenty of empty seats today. Clearly folk strictly observing the policy of not letting a pal or family member use their ticket.

Anyway, I stayed for a drink after, still ended up in a half hour queue for a train which left with plenty of capacity. Given the cold and wet conditions during the game, if people decided that potentially standing in a long line in the pissing rain wasn't the way they wanted to start 2018, then it's up to them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Might not need to be hungover. I missed a game over the christmas/new year period back in the withdean era because I didn't realise the game kicked off at 12:30. Got out the shower and put the radio on as I was getting ready to leave and the second half was just kicking off. It was a millwall game we lost quite badly, so I didn't miss much.

Exactly the same happened to us.

We missed the 2011 New Years Day 5-0 destruction of Leyton Orient. Turned on the radio or TV and found the match had finished. Didn't realise it'd been changed to an early KO.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here