Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early leavers at Manchester City

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lots of small things the club could do' and I've been saying since The Amex opened a meeting a couple of times a season made of people who use all the different methods of transport would help.
My total is 8 different methods of transport, in no particular order:-

Train
Bridge
Uni
Mitras
Cycle
Mill Road
Poynings
Sainsburys

We can't say we don't have options, I've used 4 of those this season alone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As well as the park and ride buses have additional buses that just run from the Amex to Brighton station to remove some of the pressure of queuing for trains into town.

I like this idea. I've seen it work really well in Italy (Bologna) where a fleet of buses was parked up after the game ready to whisk fans back into the town centre. Also, why no taxi rank at the Amex? I'm sure there's some enterprising cabbies that would appreciate the chance of picking up a bit of extra business, particularly after midweek games.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't like the early leaving but it's understandable unless the score is close.
But nothing compares to the early leavers at Wycombe a few years back when we all stayed to protest, quite a few left just before the end and more at the final whistle even giving the w****r sign to fans who were singing you don't know what you're doing.
Now that's early leaving.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm one of those that just don't get early leavers, never have, never will. Nothing they can ever say will help me understand.
Nothing.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Living in NW London midweek games are an absolute pig and as you say leaving just before the end (when I do do it I leave when they hold the added minutes board up and not before) it makes the difference between being home at midnight v 1am so I do get it and of course recognise everyone's circumstances are of course different but I just do not understand it for weekend 12, 3 or 5 pm kick offs.

You say above 'until the club improves the infrastructure'.

Acknowledging the trains are beyond their control and that we're never going to have/be allowed bigger car parks what do you suggest?

I quite seriously think that to some leaving early is nothing but a peace of mind thing and they either hate queueing and/or just have to be the first one on their bus etc.

It's purely a mentality thing and one which won't change ever no matter how easy it's made.

If the club want to be financially savvy about it they could offer at a cost Premium parking , park and ride or train queue that guarantees you're the first to leave the stadium AFTER the final whistle.

Whilst I get your point, there's a group of four of us usually, and that group can vary depending on whether we can all go, and then who gets the ticket if one of us can't. Because there's four of us, there are consequently four sets of circumstances to take care of and four sets of wives/girlfriends/families to consider too. So again, it comes down to time. If we left at, say 4.55 once the game has finished, and then we queue up for Mill Road for an hour+, which can happen quite easily if you stay to the final whistle (or have to wait for an hour and a quarter in Car Park B as we were doing earlier in the season before it became a joke), then by the time you're home at 7-7.30, the person who's going out for dinner with their family or friends, or who is having people over (or whatever it is they and their partner/family have planned for the Saturday evening) is then late. So consequently, for us as people who live quite a way away like you, it usually means we have to go a few minutes early so that whoever it is that has plans for the evening, isn't then late for those plans. I know it doesn't fit well with certain peoples' views on here, but it is what it is.

As for the suggestions, I think Car Park B needs changing in terms of having people Marshall the exit and traffic lights more effectively. Furthermore, they can't stop people leaving the car park until it's empty, that's just utterly insane. In terms of Mill Road, they need more buses. It's that simple. If they had more buses, people wouldn't be queueing for such a long time and they'd stay longer as they'd know it wouldn't affect their journey home as much.

I wish it was different, I really do. I wish I didn't have to leave early ever, but as things stands, my group and I will continue to do so until the club make active changes.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm one of those that just don't get early leavers, never have, never will. Nothing they can ever say will help me understand.
Nothing.

Luckily for us, your opinion counts for absolutely nothing. Unless you have the power to change the transport system to and from Brighton games of course?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Just thinking out aloud here .. Could they not create more temporary parking at Stanmer park . Council could benefit from extra revenue if they were to say let them park on one of the fields. Just need to lay down that green mesh type stuff to stop ground becoming too boggy , sort of stuff they have in National Trust carparks ,so it still looks like a field .
only a suggestion, and maybe people on here mentioned before ,but i am not aware of

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It doesn't matter what day or time of KO, it's the same people that leave early EVERY game. They are by definition, early leavers, & they get very snappy when this is mentioned. A strange breed in my eyes. Of course this is just my opinion, which counts for nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here