Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight Yorke stopped from becoming a manager.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I heard someone ask Yorke the question he obviously hadn't asked himself about this - why haven't you aimed a bit lower to get the experience (like Poyet did coming to us in League One, Jimmy Floyd at Burton etc).

He basically didn't have an answer, and clearly thought he should stroll in to a big job just because he played for Man Utd.

I think he'd find that if he got a team promoted from League Two/League One, those interviews would take care of themselves.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, CF is right. If mixed race equals black, then Giggs is black. And you do regularly see CH described as a black manager

Is it because I is black?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 135

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The guy is lacking in any charisma and is a dick, imo, after failing to get the job said that Swansea couldn't match his ambitions and he didn't want the job anyway.

Reminds me of Donald Trump and what he will probably say on Nov. 8th.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Is it because I is black?

No, it's because you are stupid.

You are dealing with this matter in the same emotional reactionary way you deal with most matters on here where it is easier to look at the superficial as oppose to deeper fundamentals.

That's you though........I am not highlighting an attitude you are not aware of.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
In Yorke's case it's probably because he's got an ego bigger than Europe and thinks that he can just walk into a job. Then, when he doesn't get the job, he can play the race card. All good publicity - has he got a book coming out or something ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here