Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] DVLA- please help!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The DVLA are possibly the worst organisation I have ever come across. About 3 years ago I had an unexplained seizure/fit and ended up being rushed to hospital with a suspected stroke. Thankfully it wasn't but, long story short, I was told by my neurologist to surrender my driving licence for a period of 6 months.

Once those 6 months had passed, I got written confirmation from my neurologist that I was fit to drive again which I forwarded to the DVLA, and for some reason they failed to believe it, and it took another 3 visits to my GP, and almost another year before I got my licence back. The most frustrating thing was when I rang the DVLA to find out what was going on, all I ever got told was my application to get it back was "under review" and that was all they would ever say.

It was a double piss off as well, as it was only a provisional licence, and my instructor had told me about 2 days before my fit to book my test, but by the time I got my licence back, my theory test pass certificate had expired so now I have to retake that as well.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have been trying to contact the DVLA for the last 6 weeks to try and tax a van I own. The log book has been sent to the wrong address so we do not have the reminder or a new keep slip.

I have tried the various different numbers hundreds of times, originally they were only taking calls from key workers and now the lines are just constantly engaged no matter what time of day you try!

I have also written to them around 7 weeks ago but haven’t had a reply. I’m worried as I know you can get clamped for not paying road tax.

Does anyone have any advise for taxing a van without log book/ reminder letter or an alternative way of contacting them?

TIA
Had exactly the same issue go through as a key worker they don’t even ask.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here