Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Durham vs Sussex

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Moshe Gariani said:
you make it sound like they had a choice... the way in which they are currently getting so much out of their limited budget is staggering

everyone would love a surefire 1500 runs a season opener - but we can't have everything

we have got a very good team :clap: :clap: :clap:

As ever there were players out there and you are correct we have a very good team, but whether we have the squad is another matter.

Against Sri Lanka the only reserve to get a decent total was a spinner who is not known for his batting.

Hopkinsons development has been a real plus.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
As ever there were players out there and you are correct we have a very good team, but whether we have the squad is another matter.

Against Sri Lanka the only reserve to get a decent total was a spinner who is not known for his batting.

Hopkinsons development has been a real plus.
i don't think we're disagreeing...

we certainly don't have the squad that anyone would want ideally - we don't have as many players ready to compete at the top of the table as we really need and we are very vulnerable if key players get injured - let's hope they don't ! :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Perry Milkins said:
Sorry Moshe. Hopefully Monty will shut us up with a mega innings.

Cool squire?
yes, all friends again... let's wrap up the tail and then Monty can have a go at facing Harmison on a dodgy track... :lolol:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Moshe Gariani said:
yes, all friends again... let's wrap up the tail and then Monty can have a go at facing Harmison on a dodgy track... :lolol:

Harmison has only bowled about 25 overs so far this season so hopefully he won't be at his best.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
_39332694_mushtaq203.jpg

INSALLAH
SHABASH
INSALLAH
SHABASH
INSALLAH

25/5

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Just as an aside I am absolutely gobsmacked that no mention has been made of Rana's form in the Press bearing in mind he will be Public Enemy No 1 when he gets goinmg against us next month. All the talk is about Akhtar being fit.

Will be wierd seeing him give Freddie and the Boys a hard time.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
and we're going up to win the cup for Karachi by the sea

I don't know who I LOVE most, cuddly little Mushy or swashbuckling ACTION hero Rana

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Trigger said:
Where's it going? :jester:
same place that all the wickets taken by Rana and Mushy go...:lolol:

that is another incredible effort from our boys...

obviously we don't know about the pitch, but the home side chose to bat first so its unlikely to be freakishly bad - fingers crossed for a decent reply

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'd be half tempted to send Prior in to open with Hopkinson with Monty dropping down a bit just til he gets his form back.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Perry Milkins said:
Just as an aside I am absolutely gobsmacked that no mention has been made of Rana's form in the Press bearing in mind he will be Public Enemy No 1 when he gets goinmg against us next month. All the talk is about Akhtar being fit.

Will be wierd seeing him give Freddie and the Boys a hard time.
yes... just how good is Rana? on test match pitches?

controversial, but I will be SUPPORTING him against England...!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Trigger said:
I'd be half tempted to send Prior in to open with Hopkinson with Monty dropping down a bit just til he gets his form back.
interesting idea - it has been done before successfully...

COME ON SUSSEX...!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great effort to bag maximum bowling points by tea with the prospect of dodgy weather on the way.

I wouldn't drop Monty down the order just yet, Durham didn't get many so there's not much pressure on him. It doesn't matter much how many he gets as long as he sees off the new ball.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Batsmen: R B 4s 6s S/R
RR Montgomerie 8 8 1 0 100.00 not out

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here