Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Durham vs Sussex

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't want to piss on anyone's parade here, but our batting is getting SERIOUSLY f***ing worrying. We have attained eight bonus batting points out of a possible 25. In other words, we have dropped a potential 17 points. (We have 14/15 bowling points).

Unless Sussex sort out the batting problem (and it is a problem) pretty f***ing sharpish, we are going to struggle second half of the season.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Something like this i think...

Code:
1 Sussex           5 4 1 0  8 14 82.0 
2 Lancashire       4 2 2 0 15 12 63.0 
3 Durham           5 2 1 2 15 15 62.0 
4 Hampshire        4 2 1 1  9 12 53.0 
5 Warwickshire     4 2 1 1 10 11 53.0 
6 Kent             4 1 1 2 13 11 42.0 
7 Yorkshire        5 0 3 2  9 13 34.0 
8 Nottinghamshire  4 0 2 2  9  8 25.0 
9 Middlesex        3 0 0 3  4  9 13.0

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Large One said:
I don't want to piss on anyone's parade here, but our batting is getting SERIOUSLY f***ing worrying. We have attained eight bonus batting points out of a possible 25. In other words, we have dropped a potential 17 points. (We have 14/15 bowling points).

Unless Sussex sort out the batting problem (and it is a problem) pretty f***ing sharpish, we are going to struggle second half of the season.

I dont think anyone is denying that, and if it doesn't improve we are extra screwed when Rana clears off.

But, a win is a win, enjoy it while it lasts:clap:

The Large One said:

What did you want from today, Al?

Sussex to bat on for 400/5 by close of play, then sit through two days of rain and come home on Friday with a draw?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
GITS, they show all the Harmison wickets, and a dropped catch, but fail to notice the fact that SUSSEX WON:angry:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
The Large One said:

Didn't you think much of the 419/2 declared against Warwickshire, then? :jester:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be too worried at this point of the season. It's still May, it's been damp for most of the season so far and we've got nice green-tops of pitches. I'd expect bowlers to come out on top more often than not. Looking in an incredibly scientific way at a few of the high scores this season, it seems that they're more due to inept bowling (which I've put as bowlers going at more than 4 an over), rather than the batsman settling down and grinding out the runs against a potent attack.

Obviously I'd love to see us scoring more runs, and if we continue to post low scores when the pitches have dried out and conditions favour batting, then I'll start to worry. Until then, I'll just enjoy our bowling attack ripping sides to pieces.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The fact is many of the games have been very low scoring and as such perhaps reflects the pitches rather than the ability of our batsmen. Added to that we have rolled teams out and won so therefore our batsmen are playing better than the opposition.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Warks
449/-
Sussex
302/417

Hants
168/211
Sussex
211/262

Yorks
272/221
Sussex
301/195

Notts
229/120
Sussex
143/247

Durham
110/80
Sussex
221/-

We have been very fortunate to get so many wins this early in the season. When we are normally hit by rain. That is what cost us a real challenge last season.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Batting is a worry but Mushy is going to win us so many games this season. I can't believe he isn't in the international set-up. What's that all about?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That's the way to play with bad weather about. We should have thought of it before. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here