Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk

DavePage

I think the balls from Stephens or Kayal to the front line were poor as they have been for a few games now.
Point being, no matter how good the free scoring forward is (that we are looking for) if the ball doesn’t get to him, he won’t score

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
1 good game in 5 and now he's the new Paulo Maldini. He had a good game. I still shit my pants every time he is near the ball though.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
1 good game in 5 and now he's the new Paulo Maldini. He had a good game. I still shit my pants every time he is near the ball though.

No.
Highlighting that he had a better than average game and hopefully he keeps it up and shows us all why he was valued at £5m.

Dunk and Goldson coped very well with Blackburns constant high balls in the air and Rhodes elbowing

:thumbsup:
I was worried when I saw Greer was out injured, but they paired up very well as you've said.

Tough game today against a team who like to lump it forward. Determined display at the back with both Dunk and Goldson really solid and battled for everything - they earned their stripes today. However, Stockdale was my mom today. He kept us in it with his great positioning and that ever so slight touch from their free kick which somehow stayed out.

What concerns me is still our issue of giving the ball away cheaply and under little pressure - often resulting in a counter attack and opportunity for them to almost punish us, if it weren't for the three mentioned previously. Better teams would have done so today. That does not diminish though from an otherwise dogged performance which closed out the win.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Without Murphy we wouldn't of had three points.

I thought he had a decent game today, seems happier with Ridgewell behind him.

It would be wrong to drop him now, let him continue and ease LuaLua back in gently as a sub.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Without Murphy we wouldn't of had three points.

Ridiculous argument.
Lualua could have created a goal(s) with the chances and passes Murphy scuffed, let alone score himself, if he were playing today.
Maybe he wouldn't.

Murphy had a great effort on goal, which was saved by the keeper and then fortunately bounced off the post to Zamora.
Murphy followed it up with a poor 88 minutes.

I'd still start Murphy for the next game and bring on Lualua at 60 minutes depending on the conditions.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

Dont agree with this, last year he was class, beginning of this season he was class, he has had a bad batch but quality was always there.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ridiculous argument.
Lualua could have created a goal(s) with the chances and passes Murphy scuffed, let alone score himself, if he were playing today.
Maybe he wouldn't.

Murphy had a great effort on goal, which was saved by the keeper and then fortunately bounced off the post to Zamora.
Murphy followed it up with a poor 88 minutes.

I'd still start Murphy for the next game and bring on Lualua at 60 minutes depending on the conditions.
Its not a ridiculous argument today it was a fact. I like Murphy his defensive play has come on superbly since he first joined us, KLL would never of been fit enough to play Murphy's role today which was a shame as he roasted their RB at the Amex.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I was impressed with Knockaert's effort. Perhaps when he's not playing in a blizzard we'll see him skinning defenders. What happened to Murphy? He looked really exciting when he first signed but seems to have lost it a bit.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'd agree OP. Murphy just needs a full back bombing on like Bong or Rosenior - Ridgewell is left footed but not getting up & down. Kayal worked so hard today. Zamora was fantastic. Knockaert was classy & put a shift it. Blackburn were horrible to watch - anti-football & that made it hard for us to play low on confidence. Didn't dominate the game or look as assured as earlier in the season away games but it's a good gritty win.

Bong / KLL / Rosenior can't come back soon enough for me - surprised Murphy wasn't taken off for KLL either...

I think you will see a difference in the up and coming home matches. Chris tends not to let the full backs push as far forward in away matches. Ridgewell is good going forward, although I havn't seen him play for a few years so not sure about now since he is getting a bit older now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully in the few games he has left Ridgewell will be able to push Murphy on as Bong did early season, He is the one who has suffered with us not having a left footed recognized left back and just hope that Bong does not have any set backs in his recovery

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm very happy with Murphy, he's a decent goal threat. Not as explosive as kaz as the others but seems a fit lad which is a bonus when you look at our other wide men

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you will see a difference in the up and coming home matches. Chris tends not to let the full backs push as far forward in away matches. Ridgewell is good going forward, although I havn't seen him play for a few years so not sure about now since he is getting a bit older now

Well I hope you're right matey as that sounds like it could be better. I noticed on the highlights Ridgewell got the key block in on Rhodes towards the end so deserves some credit for that...!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Ridgewell was used in a back 3 at birmingham more than often, so i wouldnt say hes a out and out left back. he seems steady enough for me tho. not great on the ball it seems

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here