Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk - straight red?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Absolutely. It was stupid of Dunk to do it and I’d prefer referees to consistently give out red cards for this kind of thing. However, it’s been a long time since someone was sent off for dissent and I’d be surprised if we see another one this season which makes it seem unfair.
You can’t receive a red card for dissent.

Dissent is a yellow card offence.
Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s) is a red card offence.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Straight red for “using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s).”

You can’t appeal it because what he said was the above!

Really stupid by Dunk and got what he deserved. You can’t go round saying that directly to the referee. Most fans would like to see what happens in Rugby where referees are treated with respect. You then can’t moan just because our Captain breaks the laws of the game.
No you can't.
And he didn't.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Straight red for “using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s).”

You can’t appeal it because what he said was the above!

Really stupid by Dunk and got what he deserved. You can’t go round saying that directly to the referee. Most fans would like to see what happens in Rugby where referees are treated with respect. You then can’t moan just because our Captain breaks the laws of the game.
"Got what he deserved" :ffsparr:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s) is a red card offence.
You don’t have to be a professional lip reader to see players swearing at the officials in pretty much every single match so why is Dunk the first Premier League player to be sent off for this since 2011?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He got shown that yellow for absolutely nothing! A captain asking the ref "what about that then?". You expect a competent ref to at least engage with the captain and send everyone else away. It's a VAR decision and I think you're owed an explanation.

Pointing and saying "Don't get in my face" and booking him shows was a fool he is. Dunky didn't get in his face at all.

A reactionary "you're a complete bellend" is OTT. But issuing a straight red after that? Come off it.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
You don’t have to be a professional lip reader to see players swearing at the officials in pretty much every single match so why is Dunk the first Premier League player to be sent off for this since 2011?
Thank you for clearing the date up like I said in my post I can’t remember the last time a player was sent off for foul and abusive language.Swearing at a team mate or making at a mistake and even the opposition is always overlooked by refs and rightly so IMO but if you use a profanity adjective to the referee then your chances are very high.Dunks behaviour yesterday is nothing new for him he does stupid irrational things a lot,personally I’m not that suprised he’s always got this sort of thing in his locker it wasn’t like it was going to put us behind ffs think and carry on Dunky maybe one of the reasons he hasn’t had as many caps as most think he should have
Showed what he’s all about really

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Thank you for clearing the date up like I said in my post I can’t remember the last time a player was sent off for foul and abusive language.Swearing at a team mate or making at a mistake and even the opposition is always overlooked by refs and rightly so IMO but if you use a profanity adjective to the referee then your chances are very high.Dunks behaviour yesterday is nothing new for him he does stupid irrational things a lot,personally I’m not that suprised he’s always got this sort of thing in his locker it wasn’t like it was going to put us behind ffs think and carry on Dunky maybe one of the reasons he hasn’t had as many caps as most think he should have
Showed what he’s all about really

Have you watched it back? He got that first yellow for absolutely nothing because Taylor wanted to flex his authority. "Don't get in my face!". He wasn't in your face mate he's the captain asking a question about a separate incident. Answer him. Calm the situation down and get on with the game.

To get booked for that was a joke and a reaction to it in the spur of the moment is understandable.

The ref made that situation. Not Dunky.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Have you watched it back? He got that first yellow for absolutely nothing because Taylor wanted to flex his authority. "Don't get in my face!". He wasn't in your face mate he's the captain asking a question about a separate incident. Answer him. Calm the situation down and get on with the game.

To get booked for that was a joke and a reaction to it in the spur of the moment is understandable.

The ref made that situation. Not Dunky.
I completely agree.

Taylor being a poor referee made that happen. Not defending Dunk bc it was stupid getting done for verbal but Taylor was in a tizz bc he knew he was about to give a very soft penalty. Thankfully we didn’t score from the counter otherwise it would have been a right mess. Var is in a pathetic position.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Blimey, comparing Dunk to Trump.

I've never attended a football match and thought how wonderful to watch those uneducated working class people running around.

Each to his own.
I'm not directly. I'm saying that people that aren't bright make it to the top of their profession like you said wasn't possible in your previous post. And no most footballers aren't bright. Why would they be - they've had one experience in life. They have football intelligence obviously and are rewarded handsomely. fair play to them.

You're talking about uneducated working class not me. Boris Johnson has one of the best educations possible yet we were told this week, he couldn't read/interpret a graph that most primary school children could.

Each to their own.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So it’s a 2 match ban for Dunk?
fd08b284-2889-460b-b588-bca14a5b8f42.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

He got two yellows in the space of 10 seconds.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here