Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk - straight red?

Nicksinclair13

Oct 28, 2023
The PL app has it as a straight red… Albion app match report has it as two yellows!

I don’t think anyone knows yet…

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Watched game it was 2 yellows.

What I thought I saw was Dunk having a go, get a yellow, carrying on and then shown red without a second yellow about 10-15 seconds after the first.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just heard from someone who will know.

Yellow was for being at the var monitor when ref watched it back.

Then straight red for foul and abusive language.
That’s why referees should be miked up. Taylor could say whatever he likes.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

So Dunk had a good view of the replay and then called him a cheating ****.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Same source has confirmed it will still only be the one game ban.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
So Dunk had a good view of the replay and then called him a cheating ****.
Dunk is correct as the replay is inconclusive. And we have seen many many players say that and not be booked let alone sent off. Should be appealable on precedent alone.

Yoda

English & European
Highlights are up on YouTube and looks like one yellow then one red. From what I can manage to lip read, it looks like he says "Are you taking the piss?" then turns away from the camera angle and walks away after which point Taylor blows his whistle at Dunk again 2-3 seconds after.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Sky Sports has it as 2 yellows.... so who knows?!
Straight red according to the PL website, coming after a yellow.

Screenshot_20231125_180400_Chrome.png

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Looked like he gave him a straight red to me. The first yellow he waved was to Hinch I thought.
From the replay at the time I saw I thought he said, "f***ing bent." But I totally suck at lip reading and having just seen the dive I was myself questioning the legitimacy of the decision, which could have quite easily have looked similar to what is previously stated as, "Cheating c***."

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The referees association needs to clarify what’s happened here and what’s been said, to be honest. 2 yellow cards, or potentially a red, for something said is crazy. Especially within 1 minute of each other.

Let’s be honest, stuff gets said on a football pitch all the time and you almost never see anything given, so Taylor’s reaction seems utterly disproportionate at first glance.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The referees association needs to clarify what’s happened here and what’s been said, to be honest. 2 yellow cards, or potentially a red, for something said is crazy. Especially within 1 minute of each other.

Let’s be honest, stuff gets said on a football pitch all the time and you almost never see anything given, so Taylor’s reaction seems utterly disproportionate at first glance.
Ask yourself a question. Had this been a Nottingham Forest player, would you have still been of the same view ?

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

If it’s true that he called him a cheating ****, then the red will be for the cheating part - they take that more seriously than just calling them names.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here