Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk Signs New 5-Year Contract

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
WOW, very surprised by this! Will be very surprised to seem him sold this window now, and will go out on a limb to say that I cannot see us being easily beaten too often this season, we really will make our opponents earn their points.

Two more attacking players, including a proven goalscorer, and we might be looking at a very exciting season. COME ON!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great news!

I am alone in thinking we got away with it at CB against Fulham and Blackburn? I like Uwe, I like Greer, but between them we don't have enough pace. Dunk with one of them, with the other and Goldson in the wings is a great set up.

PG

I agre re Saturday but it was more the height factor. Dunk & Uwe will be a great partnership & surely the one CH will go with. Or Dunk and the Shrews lad...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lol:

But I thought he was a selfish scumbag, and we should tell him to do one?

Unless...

Dunk Signs New 5-Year Contract

Now under contract until 2020.
With whom?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Called it:

Can you imagine the glee if after weeks of speculation about his attitude, the value of bids, wage hikes, disbelief from some fans and resignation from others we get an e-mail:

"Breaking Transfer News! Brighton and Hove Albion are delighted to announce that Lewis Dunk has penned a one year extension on his contract, staying with his boyhood club for the next four years"

Oh, the wonder.

I did also, ahem, question his loyalty a little bit.

I stand happily corrected. Now, where did I put my slice of humble pie?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this is a veiled message fron tony

we are definitely going for it :rock::rock::rock::vuvu:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Player gets a wage increase in line with our valuation of him and we get a buy out clause inserted to cover us should we not get promoted this season.
How does a buy out clause cover us?

I like Uwe, I like Greer, but between them we don't have enough pace. Dunk with one of them, with the other and Goldson in the wings is a great set up.
I don't think they'd make good wingers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was impressed by Dunk's tribute to his two former teammates killed in the Shoreham Air Show disaster. It could be entirely unrelated, or it might just have helped get things in perspective for him. The bottom line is he's chosen to stay and that's massive boost for us.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I was only thinking before Saturday's game about our odds for promotion this year, looks like we are making a serious attempt?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More massive business done without using any large amounts of money.

Brilliant work by the club that in no way sold everybody short last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Reckon he must have a non-promotion release clause in the new deal..
He's got the worst agent in the world EVER if he doesn't have that, an £8m buy out, and can be sold out of division clause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here