Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk and Stockdale

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am worried that we have spent £1m badly. Stockdale is 28 and never established himself as No 1 at any club there must be a reason for this. I do not think that he is as good yet alone better than Kuszczak. It is the good unexpected saves that a keeper makes which seperate the promotion teams from the rest. I have as yet seen nothing to suggest that he will dk this as Kuszczak did and Ankergren before him.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Stockdale come across as too nice, should have saved that goal but was pleases to see him come up for the injury time shit!
Dunk by far and away motm.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The second goal though he was beaten at his near post, I know it wasnt just his fault, but he should of done better.

Great keepers make saves that you think 'wow he done well there', goals that could of gone in but they pulled a save out the bag.

TBH he worries me when he comes so far out of his area to take a pass, acting like a sweeper, I dont mind seeing Neuer do it, but I worry when he does it.

Still, I think he will still do well for us.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Dunk was easily MOTM even before the first goal, he's our best player this season by a country mile. On the other hand, Stockdale, has he actually made a save yet since he came to us?

I wanted to say Stockdale is a waste of space before he even signed but would get the usual thumbs down so didn't bother. We should play Walton as hes no worse than the clowns we have as No 1 and 2.

How many saves has Stockdale made? I mean, yes, cracking save? None!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I am worried that we have spent £1m badly. Stockdale is 28 and never established himself as No 1 at any club there must be a reason for this. I do not think that he is as good yet alone better than Kuszczak. It is the good unexpected saves that a keeper makes which seperate the promotion teams from the rest. I have as yet seen nothing to suggest that he will dk this as Kuszczak did and Ankergren before him.

I thought he was younger than 28. But keepers usually come good around that age.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How do you know Kuszczak would have saved? He might have slipped or god knows. What a ridiculous statement. Please can you tell me the lottery numbers for tonight actually while your at it?

You can only form an opinion based on general situations not the unexpected like slipping over and based on the general state and conditions I am confident TK and possibly Ankergren would have saved them.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Ridiculous to criticise Stockdale. There's no way he could have stopped any of the goals this season. Also, his distribution has been excellent and he has commanding the box well.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stockdale come across as too nice, should have saved that goal but was pleases to see him come up for the injury time shit!
Dunk by far and away motm.

He could've had a luxuriously long Boxing Day shit reading the paper for 90 mins in between the goal and would have still been 2-2.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ridiculous to criticise Stockdale. There's no way he could have stopped any of the goals this season. Also, his distribution has been excellent and he has commanding the box well.

None of the goals have been howlers, but it'd be nice if he produced at least 1 great save out of the 5 shots we've had on target. A bit like the one that the Charlton keeper pulled off straight after they'd scored - no-one would've criticised him if that had gone in.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think Stockdale has been fine. We've not let that many in and the ones I've seen I don't blame him for. Credit needs to be given to our defence who have hardly let any decent shooting opportunities arise. Charlton were lucky to get two today, great finishing but another day and they'd not have scored any. We on the other hand has 20 shots so something was bound to happen.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
None of the goals have been howlers, but it'd be nice if he produced at least 1 great save out of the 5 shots we've had on target. A bit like the one that the Charlton keeper pulled off straight after they'd scored - no-one would've criticised him if that had gone in.

Quite.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
Just seen the goals again on sky,and there harsh,he did spread him self well for the second and only just crept in,thought Greer should of done better on both,that's just my opinion,a view form behind the goal for the first mite clear up the sighting issue

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

Exactly this. Christ, people just like having somebody to blame in any games. He stood no chance with the Wednesday game goal and today admitted that he could have done better but was unsited and moved to his left and the shot took a slight deflection as it went thru someone's legs. He apologised to the players and was told by his colleagues that it should have been cut out earlier. In fact from where we were sitting everyone around me was astounded how far Bruno was up the pitch and we had no right back for the first ten minutes and we lost a central defender who had to cover Bruno leaving us open in the middle before the goal. Lets blame the keeper (easy target) when defensively it was a bad goal. His distribution is 100% better than Kuszczak and Ankergran. I for one are prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt before writing him off like some on here after three or four games.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly this. Christ, people just like having somebody to blame in any games. He stood no chance with the Wednesday game goal and today admitted that he could have done better but was unsited and moved to his left and the shot took a slight deflection as it went thru someone's legs. He apologised to the players and was told by his colleagues that it should have been cut out earlier. In fact from where we were sitting everyone around me was astounded how far Bruno was up the pitch and we had no right back for the first ten minutes and we lost a central defender who had to cover Bruno leaving us open in the middle before the goal. Lets blame the keeper (easy target) when defensively it was a bad goal. His distribution is 100% better than Kuszczak and Ankergran. I for one are prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt before writing him off like some on here after three or four games.

Seconded. The fact that holes are being picked in his performance also indicates things must be pretty good generally.......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I liked his distribution today and I hope he'll come good but the fact is that he hasn't made a decent save in 4 games, I hope he makes one soon as I've been disappointed with him so far. You do expect your keeper to make at least one decent save in most games, other keepers I've seen this year have all managed at least one decent save. I accept he has been well shielded by the defence and non of the goals were his fault, doesn't stop it being disappointing that he hasn't saved anything yet. With a couple of decent saves we could have had quite a few more points. Don't know about you lot but I expect our keeper to save or gain us points.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That's his only contribution ....oh and running round the pitch pre kick off - hugging the players. still not convinced.

You say that, his presence in the box for the last corner definitely contributed to us scoring. Still, I'm looking for positives, others look for reasons to complain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here