Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk: Amex needs to be cauldron against Marseille

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Quiet until the 88th minute. The stewarding was terrible, some lad jump in the North stand and was going mental. That perked it up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Decent enough - bit of a lull did game but the end was unreal - superb so many stayed at the end too.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Noisy for the first twenty or so minutes, quietened down with not too many chances
At the end of the day, atmosphere at British grounds will always reflect and ebb and flow with what's going on on the pitch.

Marseille fans were constant with the woooing and flag waving, with 2 guys at the front spending the entire game directing their fans. Nothing of what they sang/jumped around to reflected what was going on on the pitch.

I prefer the authentic British atmosphere

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Decent enough - bit of a lull did game but the end was unreal - superb so many stayed at the end too.
My Spurs mate was watching on TNT and WhatsApped me to say how decent the atmosphere was. Still room for improvement in later rounds but not bad tonight.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Might just be me and alcohol but sounded like they were singing something to the tune of yellow submarine.
Overall was a great night. Lovely to drown them out at the end -

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
At the end of the day, atmosphere at Birtish grounds will always reflect and ebb and flow with what's going on on the pitch.

Marseille fans were constant with the woooing and flag waving, but 2 guys were at the front spent the entire game directing their fans, and none of what they sang/jumped around to reflecting what was going on on the pitch.

I prefer the authentic British atmosphere
I was right next to the OM fans in the south east corner and can confirm that there was a main bloke with a megaphone dictating the songs, with about 5 or 6 lieutenants at the front passing on his instructions. I can't deny that they were loud... very loud, and they never stopped, but it was like they were singing despite what was happening on the pitch and it got very tedious. I prefer the English club tradition of finding chants to suit how the game is going. However, I'll be honest, I could hardly hear the NS because the OM fans were deafening.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was right next to the OM fans in the south east corner and can confirm that there was a main bloke with a megaphone dictating the songs, with about 5 or 6 lieutenants at the front passing on his instructions. I can't deny that they were loud... very loud, and they never stopped, but it was like they were singing despite what was happening on the pitch and it got very tedious. I prefer the English club tradition of finding chants to suit how the game is going. However, I'll be honest, I could hardly hear the NS because the OM fans were deafening.
It’s either have that coordination but be less spontaneous or have our mess of three different songs but all of them organic. I thought they were very decent fans TBH and a lot of that noise is simply made to stop us being heard.

Palace now have a Cappo with a megaphone when most British grounds won’t even let you in with a power bank. Presumably he retrieves it from inside the ground along with their colouring in before the sniffer dogs are in place.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s either have that coordination but be less spontaneous or have our mess of three different songs but all of them organic. I thought they were very decent fans TBH and a lot of that noise is simply made to stop us being heard.

Palace now have a Crappo with a megaphone when most British grounds won’t even let you in with a power bank. Presumably he retrieves it from inside the ground along with their colouring in before the sniffer dogs are in place.

Amended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here