Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drum Monday!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
From a Boro perspective, red fraction started as a group in the south east corner. From less than 50 lads, making up there own songs and building over the last 5 years. It didnt happen over night, I doubt they could of just tipped up with a drum, for about the first 3 years they didn't have a drum. Now it has grown to a whole stand but that has taken around long time to achieve this. A lot of hard work and effort. Not just tippin up with a drum and expecting a atmosphere we created against you.
Good luck tonight

Cheers for the kind words.

I would imagine drum or no drum it's hard to whip up an atmosphere at your place on a normal match day as there is often no one there!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Will they let me in with my Tuba?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Apparently we are having a drum in the disabled north/east corner. My parents are being MADE to move and we have it behind us. No choice in the matter. Not bad considering they were told to secure THEIR seats last week

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apparently we are having a drum in the disabled north/east corner. My parents are being MADE to move and we have it behind us. No choice in the matter. Not bad considering they were told to secure THEIR seats last week

Very poor and disappointing.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

does this mean the NSK are being moved to the NE corner? I would have assumed they would have had it under the police box. Sad if true - I will also be right next to it if it's in the NE.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Just been confirmed by a mate that his disabled father has been asked to move as well. So a effing drum is more important than a life long disabled supporter. Barber sort it out, totally disgusting behaviour, forget that me and loads others don't want a drummer, this is totally bad behaviour by the club to keep a few snotty nosed kids happy. Disgusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just need the drummer and those around to get some songs going, shame people got moved though

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
North East corner is a very good choice. Will give best chance for proper chants to get going round the ground.

(and it's quite far away from where I sit...)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
FFS this isn't the time to try something new.

I'm not against a drum per se, but if we're going to do it do it next season and phase it in gradually. There's just as much chance that it could wreck the atmosphere because nobody is used to songs with a drum in the background.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
well my old man got a call earlier from the club
he is in disabled north east corner as well

he was asked if he WANTED to be moved because someone will be in the disabled section with a drum,nothing about being forced to move at all,he is staying put and sticking it out
mind you he is mostly deaf in one ear.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
well my old man got a call earlier from the club
he is in disabled north east corner as well

he was asked if he WANTED to be moved because someone will be in the disabled section with a drum,nothing about being forced to move at all,he is staying put and sticking it out
mind you he is mostly deaf in one ear.

So you're saying there has been a bit of NSC sensationalism at work?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
This is what I just cannot understand. It is just totally embarrassing that the majority of our fans don't seem to be able to sing in time. Just what is so difficult? I learnt to do it when I was about 5. It's not rocket science.
And. far worse, thousands of people around the ground are evidently unable even to CLAP in time, when Sussex by the Sea is blaring out - far louder than any drum - from speakers positioned just above their heads.

What's that all about?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And. far worse, thousands of people around the ground are evidently unable even to CLAP in time, when Sussex by the Sea is blaring out - far louder than any drum - from speakers positioned just above their heads.

What's that all about?

It does make you wonder what the point of a single drum is... apart from when everyone is singing the same thing... and then we don't have a problem anyway... :facepalm: #shambles

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

What's that all about?

I swear to god I have noticed people in the north stand before singing and clapping what seems like intentionally out of time, like they're trying to be funny.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I sit in N1H. Near that corner I am intrigued to see what it all be like. I will be getting behind the team as always. Shame people were moved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here