Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some train companies are offering journeys on production of boarding passes. LNER are according to Twitter.

As I said earlier, this will be when your problems really start :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This kind of carnage cannot be allowed to continue. I think we're getting to a point now where there needs to be much stricter regulation and control on the sale of drones. Currently anyone can buy them as toys and basically do what they want with them, but given the dangers and havoc they are causing now, maybe they need to be licensed and registered to an owner (18+), in the same way you'd have to if you were buying a gun. Don't make them so readily available to the general public.

It wouldn't completely eradicate the problem overnight, but its a step in the right direction.

You'll be pleased to know 14 year old Jnr Stat is getting one for Christmas.
Although after a couple of test flights, were he to have been flying it at Gatwick, yesterday, he'd have only interfered with Heathrow's planes.

Cracking bit of kit though, £50 and it does EVERYTHING.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Doesn't help you, I know, but coincidentally I've just secured a last minute cancellation for St Johns for Saturday lunchtime. What are the chances of that?!

:lolol:

This has brightened my mood and genuinely made me laugh.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Opening Soon?
There has been a lot of activity with 'follow me' vehicles all night as they drive up and down the runway, I guess looking for the drones.
Right now they have all returned back to a base leaving the runway clear. Meanwhile a Gulfstream plane has come on screen.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You'll be pleased to know 14 year old Jnr Stat is getting one for Christmas.
Although after a couple of test flights, were he to have been flying it at Gatwick, yesterday, he'd have only interfered with Heathrow's planes.

Cracking bit of kit though, £50 and it does EVERYTHING.

:lolol:

We got my lad one last year for Christmas (he's 21). On its inaugural test flight he put it straight into a tree across the road, about 30ft up. He managed to climb up high enough to poke it down with a broom, but they are buggers to control !

(the drone, not the 21 year old)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Now one of six planes going around in circles just west of Watford.
One of them call sign SHT7Y.
Quick question, Westjet gets sent to Glasgow, Virgin to Heathrow. Favoritism?

Depends on who already has baggage handlers in place, I presume?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Makes sense. Westjet don't have a 'base' anywhere, yet Virgin do at Heathrow. So in terms of staff to manage the situation, best to get them to a base where they have staff and resource

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Daughters flight in from Berlin cancelled this morning, she was given choice of flight to Paris or Edinburgh with hopefully, a flight on from either one to Gatwick. She has taken the Paris option on the basis that it is probably cheaper and quicker to get a train home from there if it is still stuffed this evening. and she might even have time for a spot of rioting in a Hi-Vis

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Now one of six planes going around in circles just west of Watford.
One of them call sign SHT7Y.

Not sure about favouritism but I was really worried for a moment as I thought Luton might be where it'd end up and nobody wants that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
'One passenger flying from Cape Verde to Gatwick became so irate about being diverted to Stansted he allegedly opened the door while a fellow traveller claimed he was a terrorist so he could get off, leading to police being sent on board. '

I am not sure who the bigger dickhead is, the drone pilot or the person saying they are a TERRORIST so they could get off a flight :ffsparr:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Daughters flight in from Berlin cancelled this morning, she was given choice of flight to Paris or Edinburgh with hopefully, a flight on from either one to Gatwick. She has taken the Paris option on the basis that it is probably cheaper and quicker to get a train home from there if it is still stuffed this evening. and she might even have time for a spot of rioting in a Hi-Vis

EasyJet? I was given Saturday evening as my option from Berlin.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don't Hertz rental allow that, seeing as how they're almost global?

I think into the UK is not allowed as we drive on the left. Inside most continental countries in the EU you can do it, ie hire in Malaga and drop in Calais

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here