Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I love the fact that in Holland they are training birds of prey to take down drones. AMAZING

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Anybody else think this is a lot more serious than we are being told ?

It’s ridiculous that we are being told that one of the busiest airports in the world has been shut now for over 24 hours, probably costing millions, because of a drone being flown around !

Come on FFS give the British public some credit and tell us some facts !!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Did the basket ride, loved the espetada, fish market and botanical gardens :thumbsup:

Loved the botanical gardens and the Fish Market, those Espada taste a lot better than they look ! We saw the basket ride looked great fun but I think we were too late in the day for a ride when we went up to the gardens.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just shown that on TV. Looked like a piece of piss for the bird. Just grabbed it and landed with it.

https://youtu.be/b5DEg2qZzkU

We just need to find a way of convincing seagulls that the drones are carrying a chip. The things would be destroyed as soon as it took to the air.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anybody else think this is a lot more serious than we are being told ?

It’s ridiculous that we are being told that one of the busiest airports in the world has been shut now for over 24 hours, probably costing millions, because of a drone being flown around !

Come on FFS give the British public some credit and tell us some facts !!

Its like Brexit, mate. Nobody knows anything.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is beyond embarrassing. We are a joke of a nation.

Now we can’t even emigrate from this god forsaken nation, as the airports are blocked.

You don’t get titting around like this in decisive countries such as Qatar, Russia and Turkey. The drones would’ve been blown out of the sky and anyone possibly behind it would have been summarily dealt with by now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It will be an environmental nut job.

The need to start rounding up local environmentalists

Watch out, David Attenborough. Worthingseagull is coming to get you!!!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'm guessing but I'm starting to wonder if this is some kind of ransom demand, pay £x and we'll stop. Obviously (and rightly) the UK Gov will never do that. This has gone on too long to be a 'prank'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now we can’t even emigrate from this god forsaken nation, as the airports are blocked.

You don’t get titting around like this in decisive countries such as Qatar, Russia and Turkey. The drones would’ve been blown out of the sky and anyone possibly behind it would have been summarily dealt with by now.

Exactly.

I'd blow the whole of Crawley the shit up, too, frankly. Teeming with Islamists and dole-scum.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
They mentioned tonight on the BBC news that they are following a line of enquiry that it might be anti-Gatwick protesters behind the disruption.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here