Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving to Kilburn/West Hampstead from Brighton - easy?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Need to do this in a few weeks, in the middle of the day most likely. Is it pretty easy? A23 route best or is there an easier way in?

Hmmmmmmmm?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I drove to West Hampstead from Brighton for about 3 months. It could be a real beast of a journey and the only suitable route is really A23/M23/M25/J16/A40. I was going to say leave at the crack of dawn, but you are going in the middle of the day.

I ended up taking the train in the end to avoid a trip to The Priory.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I do need to drive as I'll be picking someone up on the way to a festival. I suupose I could get them to get the train to somewhere easier if it's as beastly as it sounds.

Soul Finger - yeah, nearish there. Kinda between West Hampstead tube and Kilburn Park as the crow flies.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Never drive into London up the A23, as soon as you hit croydon it is shit. As a rule I use the A3 for west London and the A2 for east london. Kilburns a bit further up though so I'd consider going M4 and then get on the north circular.

Edit * just read BoFs post, A40 is another option, a bit further but cuts out the shit part of the NS between chiswick roundabout and hanger lane.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I would go M25 - A3 - A306 (Barnes, Hammersmith Bridge) - round Shepherd's Bush Green - up Holland Park Ave - left onto Ladbroke Grove, then all the way along and right into Kilburn Lane. Although you will get congestion-charged if you're going in the week.

Max, tell that lazy BINT brutus to get the train somehwere you can pick her up from!

Unless you are picking up Burchy, in which case tell that lazy little FUCKER to get the train somewhere you can pick him up from!

AND borrow someone's SAT NAV.

SNORTED

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here