Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving past a horse when it's on the pavement ?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
When my daughter was 12, her pony Sugar was hit by a car driving at high speed - the car completely amputated the front leg of Sugar and my daughter and her friend had to spend over half an hour trying to calm a panicking horse before the vet arrived. :(

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Don't you hate it when they wear vests which look like they say POLICE on them but it's actually POLITE! When I realise its polite I drop a gear and hit my rev limiter as u fly last them

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don't you hate it when they wear vests which look like they say POLICE on them but it's actually POLITE! When I realise its polite I drop a gear and hit my rev limiter as u fly last them

:smile: I saw one of those vests on Friday, I had stop myself saying to the horse rider " who are you trying to kid?"
My mrs has a horse but if she came home with that type of hi viz vest I would hide it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It irritates the hell out of me when you pass a horse wide and slow and the rider doesn't acknowledge you. Some of these folk really don't help themselves.

AgerBomb22

Jun 2, 2011
Chi Town/Burgess Hill
defiantly don't beep even if you know the rider. My Father and Sister both are into horse riding and I know that any loud noise can startle a horse. so bad call to beep and to not slow down

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Obviously a pointless wind up thread, why bother.
But what about this; you take your dog for a walk and it soils the pavement, it is your responsibility to clean it up.
You ride a horse down the pavement, it decides to unload, you just carry on as if nothing has happened.
Why don't riders carry a carrier sized bag and say, small fold up shovel, clean up and take it with them to dispose of, rather than just leave it.
This has happened twice outside my neighbours house and he is pretty p****d about it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
:smile: I saw one of those vests on Friday, I had stop myself saying to the horse rider " who are you trying to kid?"
My mrs has a horse but if she came home with that type of hi viz vest I would hide it.

She'd find it easily. They're not called 'Hi Viz' vests for nothing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But what about this; you take your dog for a walk and it soils the pavement, it is your responsibility to clean it up.
You ride a horse down the pavement, it decides to unload, you just carry on as if nothing has happened.
Why don't riders carry a carrier sized bag and say, small fold up shovel, clean up and take it with them to dispose of, rather than just leave it.
This has happened twice outside my neighbours house and he is pretty p****d about it.

There is a perfectly good reason why horse riders don't clear up horse crap from the road, it would involve the rider getting off the horse and finding somewhere to tie the horse up.
Just Imagine if there wasn't anywhere to tie up the horse, the rider would be shovelling up crap :shit:just as the OP comes speeding past in his Vauxhall Corsa with big bore exhaust pipes, chucking Macdonalds wrappers out of the window and sounding his horn:wrong:
You can guess what would happen with most horses.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When a horse is on the pavement you should drive slowly along side it chatting up the bird that is sat on the back of it. With a bit of luck she will take the appropriate action on your horn for you.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
There is a perfectly good reason why horse riders don't clear up horse crap from the road, it would involve the rider getting off the horse and finding somewhere to tie the horse up.
Just Imagine if there wasn't anywhere to tie up the horse, the rider would be shovelling up crap :shit:just as the OP comes speeding past in his Vauxhall Corsa with big bore exhaust pipes, chucking Macdonalds wrappers out of the window and sounding his horn:wrong:
You can guess what would happen with most horses.

I used to ride a lot, and there is always a gate, or garden fence or lamp post etc. to tie them to.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I love Sunday mornings. People out walking dogs, cycling and riding horses. All the angry *******s are either;

1 Taking it out on each other on the football field.
2 Praying to their warped god, to strike down all the *******s who cycle, horse ride or own dogs.
3 Fast asleep exhausted having spent the whole week in a heightened state of anger.
4 Still moaning on NSC about how we would have walked the league by now, if <insert here> was not so useless.
5 Polishing their Audis until they shine, so they can perfectly see the reflection of their angry pink cheeks.

Nicest part of the week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He should put up a sign saying horse manure for sale. Rose gardeners would be there like a shot.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I used to ride a lot, and there is always a gate, or garden fence or lamp post etc. to tie them to.

If you used to ride, you'd know you should never tether a horse directly onto something, always through some string so it breaks if they spook,that way they won't strangle themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here