Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving/Parking at the o2 - any tips?

Dex10

Sep 8, 2010
Hi all

I am going to the o2 in afew weeks and dont really fancy a late night train back to Brighton. Is it easy to drive to the o2 wheres best to park?

Many thanks for any help/tips...

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Park at the O2. Go on their website and you can book it all on there (you can just turn up on the day and park I think, but obviously booking before guarantees you a space, and the queue to get in is also shorter/quicker). Costs around £20 but saves a lot of hassle.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
park at the o2 as near the entrance/exit as possible. Get there nice and early (2pm), tube into town, have a wander, come back, go to gig, drive home. Perfect

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Dead easy to access and with on site parking aplenty but a tip is find a space as near to the car park entrance as you possibly can (bearing in mind thhat you don't want to be sitting waiting to join a queue to get to the queue to get to the exit!). It lengthens the walk to and from the arena but it will allow you to get off the car park and on your way home reasonably quickly (it's a bit like Bennetts Field otherwise) and once you are out onto the approach road it is pretty quick to get away from the area. You can pre-book your parking space on the O2 website - I think it's about a tenner. If you make an afternoon of it try the river taxi up to town getting off at the London Eye

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I drive to Orpington, big car park at the station loads of trains an hour, quick tube ride from London Bridge, I have always found getting a tube after the event is fairly quick.

Although Orpington is an easy drive fronm Bexhill and not so convienent from Brighton

Dex10

Sep 8, 2010
Many thanks... I think I will definately drive this time, I have heard its quite straight forward but never really considered it before.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its pretty easy. A tip though, if you go up really early, you can park in the tube station / station car park for about £3 for a day, and it is easier to get away, but is usually full by mid afternoon for an evening performance

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Park at the O2. Go on their website and you can book it all on there (you can just turn up on the day and park I think, but obviously booking before guarantees you a space, and the queue to get in is also shorter/quicker). Costs around £20 but saves a lot of hassle.

Worked for me - gives you access to "Car Park 1" from 10.00 am so you can make a day of it - queues not too bad getting out after Deep Purple last week even allowing for a "comfort break" before exiting....

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Its pretty easy. A tip though, if you go up really early, you can park in the tube station / station car park for about £3 for a day, and it is easier to get away, but is usually full by mid afternoon for an evening performance

this every time, i've been a couple of times and had no problem getting a space.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just to throw out another option.

I lived in Eastcombe Avenue for a year and most of the roads around there are free parking. Short stroll down to Woolwich Road to hop on a 472 bus (I seem to remember) to the O2, which takes about 15 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here