Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Drinking tea in the evening

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
A few years ago, I'd have a cup of tea about once every two months or so.

Then I started having a cup on weekend mornings.

Then I started having a cup most mornings, and then multiple cups in a morning.

But just now I walked into the kitchen and though "oooooh, I fancy a cup of tea". This has never happened at this hour before.

Is this a journey travelled by many? Is it just a getting older thing? Will I be eyeing up cocoa in the supermarket soon?

You should be so lucky, it's far worse than that....Horlicks!
or succumbing to free Bovril at the Amex :eek:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Tea is magnificent and anyone who says they don't like it should take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves what they're doing with their lives.

Tea with a bag, milk in last.
Tea from a pot, milk in first.

It's actually a law of this country, failure to abide could result in a lengthy jail term.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I been meaning to to get a teapot for ages.

There is an electric kettle here in the lunchroom at work, used only by me and one other person (who will also make herself a cup of tea on a regular basis). It is pretty difficult to find an electric kettle over here to buy (our American cousins don't drink hot tea and typically don't make instant coffee).

On a number of occasions when (American) colleagues have seen me waiting for it to boil, they'll start talking to me about this "teapot". :facepalm:

Stumpy Tim

I'm usually a 6-7 cup a day man, but over the past week have cut back to 3 PG Tip teabags and 3 Waitrose Decaf teabags. I'm liking this new routine thus far. Having said that, it would take an emergency of nuclear war proportions for me to indulge after 5pm. Tea after tea is madness

Coffee is foul muck by the way. It's like drinking liquid ash

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

But just now I walked into the kitchen and though "oooooh, I fancy a cup of tea". This has never happened at this hour before.

Is this a journey travelled by many? Is it just a getting older thing? Will I be eyeing up cocoa in the supermarket soon?

I am allowed 2 mugs of tea a day, usually taken at 15:10 and 18:30. That's the problem of having no kidneys !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread took longer than expected to get all noncey.

PG tips, mug (preferably chipped), milk, sugar, chimps & a piano, anything else is just Brightonians reverting to type.

Do you only drink one brand of beer then?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The start of the day usually involves just under a litre of tea split between two mugs made at the same time, one pre shower and one post shower. Then throughout the day I drink anywhere between 3 or 6 mugs while at work.

Rarely drink it in the evenings though as I find it keeps me awake but now that you've mentioned it I need to go and put the kettle on.

Ah, so I'm not the only one :bigwave:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Tea with a bag, milk in last.
Tea from a pot, milk in first.

It's actually a law of this country, failure to abide could result in a lengthy jail term.

So many people say this that I'm going to have to try it. I'm assuming that I have an innate British ability to judge the correct amount of milk without having the tea in first?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

You're becoming addicted to the caffeine.

I was addicted to Coke for years, I used to get moody when I didn't have my fix. Now I just drink water, unless it's football, then I'm on the beer.

Coke is, obviously, very bad for teeth with all the sugar. Parts of my teeth are see through where the enamel has been eroded away. But, tea also stains your teeth, so I wouldn't drink it everyday.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
On a number of occasions when (American) colleagues have seen me waiting for it to boil, they'll start talking to me about this "teapot". :facepalm:

I lived in PA for a while. When I first shipped tea over, a load of my mates decided to try it and became addicted. One of them decided that a mug was too small, so he made tea in a 'big gulp' cup. **** still only used one tea bag and couldn't work out why it was horrid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here