Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking problem

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
thank you, but finished work and straight on t, could ot help myself.

feeling very sorry for myself right now.

I suspect you are however in 7 days make sure you are not feeling sorry for yourself

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
People banging on about drink on this board is about as interesting as the threads going on about the contents of the club's pies. We've had a plethora of these in the past few seasons. Maybe there are things other than drink to do outside work/football? A bit tongue in cheek but deadly serious, Durlston's post earlier today nails it. He recognises it is down to him, doesn't make excuses, and pushes himself forward. All credit to him.

Drinking before/during football. I just don't get it. Drinking after football I can understand, but what's the appeal of watching a match under the influence? You can still chat with your mates without a pre-match pint surely?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Failed.

Pissed. Breaking strain of a soggy Kit Kat.

Start again tomorrow.

Bollocks.

Come on John it's a setback that's all . Start afresh tomorrow and the frustration from tonight will motivate you . Have a good kip and don't quit !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Drinking before/during football. I just don't get it. Drinking after football I can understand, but what's the appeal of watching a match under the influence? You can still chat with your mates without a pre-match pint surely?

Jesus, I bet your fun on away days.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Eh? For the last 14 years, by and large, the beers with mates was what got me through so many dross games in horrible towns. Would I have gone to Watford, Oldham, Northampton, Orient....sober? Not a chance.

Ever heard of the phrase "a good day out spoiled by 90 minutes of football"? It was written with the Albion in mind.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Eh? For the last 14 years, by and large, the beers with mates was what got me through so many dross games in horrible towns. Would I have gone to Watford, Oldham, Northampton, Orient....sober? Not a chance.

Ever heard of the phrase "a good day out spoiled by 90 minutes of football"? It was written with the Albion in mind.

Amen to that, pre and post match drinking has been the only good part of numerous away games in recent times. Shame we had to endure 90 minutes in between.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Well said young man.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Failed.

Pissed. Breaking strain of a soggy Kit Kat.

Start again tomorrow.

Bollocks.

You have not failed. You have made great strides in the last month from 5 pints plus a weeknight to 1 so thats 40 units or less a week to start with. If you are drinking over 100 units a week you can't just stop, that is very dangerous, you need to wean yourself down to nothing or sensible levels or to go cold turkey need medical attention and medication to do it. Keep going on the right path.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Keep being honest and discussing your situation with others. People are generally kind-hearted and supportive and will want you to overcome your challenge.
Stay positive, dust yourself down and start again, you've already shown that you can make strides of improvement.

Fur Cough

Not a drop since Friday when it went a bit pear shaped.

sorry to bounce the thread but bugger me I feel good about me again.

Just about to eat with family and will have glass of wine, one glass of wine.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Good on yer !
Slowly slowly, catchy monkey :thumbsup:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Nice one!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After drinking fairly excessively most days for 25 years, I've long had a secret fear that my liver must be inevitably damaged, and have been scared to have it tested.

Cut down to now just once a week, maximum, since this thread inspired me.

And the liver function tests have come back as 'normal'.

Massive relief and happiness.

Hope it's going well FC, and thanks for starting such a motivating thread !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here