Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking beer watching football

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I have long thought it would be cool to sit calmly in your seat, beer in hand watching the football. But I have changed my mind.

Went to Dusseldorf v Duisburg on Sunday. Nipped out to refresh beers 20 minutes in to the first half and missed both Dusseldorf's goals and a sending off!

And it's really hard clapping your hands with a beer.

But one small suggestion for the Amex. Beer there was served in proper reusable plastic mugs for which you pay a deposit, so less litter. If we are going to keep the disposable ones then they should at least have a special bin for them.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A long time ago I saw us beat Fulham away in a midweek (cup I think) game by about 5 - 1. Because of the number of beers I had before the game, I missed four of the goals by having to go for a wee (or several) during the game.

Apparently we were quite good.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
But one small suggestion for the Amex. Beer there was served in proper reusable plastic mugs for which you pay a deposit, so less litter. If we are going to keep the disposable ones then they should at least have a special bin for them.

So not only would I have to queue for bloody hours to GET a pint, I'd then have to join a queue again once I'd finished it to get my deposit back? No thanks!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
So not only would I have to queue for bloody hours to GET a pint, I'd then have to join a queue again once I'd finished it to get my deposit back? No thanks!

We didn't have to queue at all. Used mobile beer seller and the kiosks; they had beer poured ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here