Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drawing the Boro line

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm trying to prepare for the FA rejecting the red card appeal (and most likely increasing the ban). This is going to make me very angry and upset so I'm just trying to accept that Dale will be banned till sometime next season. Hopefully, by the time they announce the decision, I'll be at peace.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bloody hell chaps. Move on. We all need to be positive now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm trying to prepare for the FA rejecting the red card appeal (and most likely increasing the ban). This is going to make me very angry and upset so I'm just trying to accept that Dale will be banned till sometime next season. Hopefully, by the time they announce the decision, I'll be at peace.

A wise state of mind I think.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I suspect we will get disappointing news from the appeal today.... So let's get that out of the way and then look forward.

Besides unless mike dean apologies, personally offers to ref the next 3 games outrageously in our favour, or is unmasked as Bryan Robson in a baldy wig causing boro to be deducted 3 points then I can't see anything changing how I feel about last Saturday

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bloody hell chaps. Move on. We all need to be positive now.

100%

Apart from the FA decision pending on Stephen this is out of my mind

Focus on the Owls now

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We have to assume the worst for all the reasons we have knocked about, none of which relate to doing the right thing.
We should have a campaign for justice (led by you, by the way). Everyone on NSC should email Sky Sports asking for their opinion, get it talked about so that the FA/FL can't simply ignore the truth.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's changed

Here we go, what have you heard?

Doesn't sound good ( unless Dean has admitted his mistake ).

Have they kicked us out of the play-offs for not having enough former Premier League players that Premier League refs want to be mates with?

Sorry, nothing.

As The Verve once sang: the drugs don't work, they just make it worse.

The drug, last night, was beer.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bleat bleat whine whine etc.

Get over it and move on. Moaning won't help anyone achieve anything, ever. The season is not done yet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Steady player for me, but badly off the pace Saturday, not match fit. However, the communication was much better.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Have we all regressed to being children? For the last week this place has been overrun with dramarama threads, posts, reactions befitting OMG teenagers, Bozza the worst of the lot. Grow up ffs.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Move on time, nothing to see here.
But on the other hand, we are the best team in the play-offs by a long way. We went to a ground 300 miles away and in front of 30,000 screaming home fans we drew with the promoted club. We have a manager capable of pulling the players back from all this. No worries, end of.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm finding that line difficult to draw. Didn't sleep well on Saturday night despite having consumed an absurd amount of alcohol, ditto last night (no alcohol) - keep thinking about that Stephens sending off and what might have been.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I'd accepted the appeal wouldn't succeed before the coach pulled away from the Riverside. The FA only overturns something like 0.4% of challenges, although those figures are from 2011-12 so may be a bit better now.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What has made me bitter is Ramirez's behaviour; going to ground so easily, knocking a card out of the ref's hand and getting away with it, getting Stephens sent off to foul up our play off chances and then the ridiculously theatrical taking of oxygen for an ugly but minor wound.

Don't begrudge Boro their deserved promotion but if a player is owed a serious injury it is Ramirez.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Have we all regressed to being children? For the last week this place has been overrun with dramarama threads, posts, reactions befitting OMG teenagers, Bozza the worst of the lot. Grow up ffs.

Thats a little unfair. Anyone who takes a load of abuse when leaving a football ground with their kids is entitled to be a bit put out. I was lucky enough to encounter no such problems. Some of the comments about Dean and Ramirez are over the top though. The ref was weak and the player was trying to gain advantage. Bruno was waving an imaginary yellow card after an earlier challenge and I have no problem with that or with Ramirez. Its football and sometimes decisions go your way and sometimes not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here