Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Draw the Prophet Muhammad" competition goes wrong. Two dead.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At least after all these years I now know why my pictures of the the Prophet Muhammad never got shown on Vision On :rant:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32579396

Sunday's event was organised by the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), which is run by controversial blogger and activist Pamela Geller and is listed as an anti-Muslim group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a civil rights group...
An anti-Muslim civil rights group :shrug:

...Speaking before Sunday's event, Ms Geller told AP news agency that the aim of the contest was to make a stand for free speech.

Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Trust the BBC to casually quote an organisation that is a front for leftwing extremism. It considers mens rights are a form of mysogny for starters and you dont have to dig far for its smear tactics.

2nd imo to the ADL as a dodgy American political quango designed more to attack people than defend them.

ie
http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/11/s...carson-for-putting-him-on-its-extremist-list/

This is good.....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/03/26/fbi-dumps-southern-poverty-law-center/

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'll get this in early

Je suis Symyjym

It would be interesting to see a picture contest of Jesus. Commonly portrayed as a Caucasian, ginger, six foot tall, single man living at the eastern end of the Mediterranean 2000 years ago, I'm not sure that's the case. I would suggest a dark skinned, north African, small man with a wife and family at the age of 30, of course, he may not have existed. Would this opinion allow Christian people to shoot and bomb me,no. Perhaps these young Muslem men should read the Koran in more depth and understand it, or just turn the other cheek, they may well still be alive had they done this.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
There is not – nor should there ever be – a legal right for an individual not to be offended.

And – does this really need repeating? – religion is an option, even in Islam, whereas race is inescapable. And while some bigots may indeed use objection to Islam to disguise an unpleasant racism, opposition elsewhere targets Islam's sinister and relentless child brainwashing, suppression of women's rights and rampant homophobia.

Frankly, I would have thought Brand Mohammed would have been suffering far greater damage in recent years through having all kinds of criminal lowlife bearing his name repeatedly paraded through our courts and populating our prisons.

Like so much of religion, Islam appears somewhat confused: the Prophet doesn't seem to mind his name being defiled in its use by criminals, but if you attempt any kind of depiction (as happened routinely in Islamic society for centuries without complaint) you can expect, as it were, to be drawing your own conclusion.

All religions are just a set of ideas, nothing more. And in an open society, all ideas should be open to discussion, question and indeed ridicule.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Do you actually realise what you are saying?

You are proposing that an alien religion (Islam has no historical place in North America) be given protection that is not available to the overwhelmingly dominant religion in that CONTINENT. I am no supporter of religion of any kind, but what you are saying is shocking. Why don't you offer to do the public relations for ISIS while you are at it?

....and Christianity in its perverted forms has a historical place in North America? You could get Siouxed for that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Possibly...but then what....Are you not in favour of free speech? Like all conflict it is the radical minorities that cause trouble.....from the Muslim murderers to the radical anti Muslims who organised this provocative competition....

However people drawing whatever should not be at risk of being murdered?

a drwaing shouldnt risk murder. however, deliberatly carrying out an act to cause offence, what ever it is, is incitement. it is not free speech.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Destroying ancient monuments and beheading innocent people is offensive to humanity. No matter how daft it was to have a Muhammad drawing competition, the Muslims who carried out the killings support my first sentence.

Last edited:

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
It was a private event held behind closed doors.

Now if they'd chucked posters up on the gates of the local mosque your point may have some relevance, especially to the apologists.

Still, a pretty sad type of individual must have decided to go to the event. Plus it seems from the report that Swiss Tony was a key note speaker

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Two gunmen shot dead by police in Texas after opening fire at a completion to draw the prophet Muhammad.

Never going to end well was it.

There is a fundamental flaw in your observation.......seems to have ended very well......both of the extremist religious islamic pricks are dead.......cant see anyone saying this is a bad thing......well maybe the usual suspects but :shrug: their thinking and loyalty has always been rather questionable

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
It would be interesting to see a picture contest of Jesus. Commonly portrayed as a Caucasian, ginger, six foot tall, single man living at the eastern end of the Mediterranean 2000 years ago, I'm not sure that's the case. I would suggest a dark skinned, north African, small man with a wife and family at the age of 30, of course, he may not have existed. Would this opinion allow Christian people to shoot and bomb me,no. Perhaps these young Muslem men should read the Koran in more depth and understand it, or just turn the other cheek, they may well still be alive had they done this.

Good post. He could have been gay, of course. Had a lot of male friends

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
How many atheists have killed in the name of atheism and how many religious followers have killed in the name of their faith throughout history?

How about you address the fact that your point is demonstrably untrue?

Doed the events at the cartoon event not show that yet again religion is the root of all evil.
All evil is not the result of religion. It's actually a result of people doing evil things, generally in a struggle to impose themselves over other people using whatever motivational viewpoint can be mustered to justify their "superiority". Pretty much any philosophical viewpoint can be adopted for such a purpose.

By the way, I have no horse in this race. I follow no religion, and am not a convinced atheist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here