Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dr. Who

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just keeps getting better and better with every passing week.

Fantastically entertaining TV yet again this week, and I expect the finale to be awesome.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not bad but you could see it coming.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Awesome cliffhanger tonight, but the episode itself wasn't actually that great

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Awesome cliffhanger tonight, but the episode itself wasn't actually that great

The sotry of the episode in and of itself was pretty much non-existant, but the ending and the set-up for what is to come made it worthwhile for me.

From what we saw briefly at the end of the episode, I reckon John Simm should be just as entertaining a Master as David Tennant is a Doctor.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I have to say that I thought that tonight's Dr Who was utter cack. The story line was non-existant and the acting pretty poor too. After last week's brilliant episode with Carry Mulligian it was a real let down. Can we not get back to the spooky episodes of the past please - the ones that is with a sense of atmosphere and tension. The hi-tech, flashing lights, noisy drivel just leaves me cold.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I enjoyed it, before the episode started i thought it was going to be a stand alone episode so half way through when profesor Yana started hes trance like state whilst hearing the words tardis i just knew this was all leading up to the master's return. I liked the fact that they used the you are not alone anagrame and it was great to hear previous actors who have played the master aswell, thought it was a nice touch.

Hopefully the beeb will bring out more Rodger Delgardo master storys on dvd as thre's only one at present, terror of the autons would be great!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
can some1 explain to a non doctor who fan whats going on! i turned it on and couldnt take my eyes off it! thanks

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The Master is the Doctor's arch enemy and after the reappearance of the Cybermen and Daleks we fans were just waiting for when the Master was going to make an appearance.

John Simm as the Master...good choice!

You can read more about the next episode, "The Sound Of Drums", here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sound_of_Drums

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Here are all the Masters:

300px-Themasters.png

The 6 main incarnations of the Master.
Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Roger Delgado, Peter Pratt, Anthony Ainley, Eric Roberts, Derek Jacobi, John Simm

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
o thats a shame i wanted him to be the new doctor! think i might have to start watching it i seen a few glimses and always stop to watch it but im not in enough to be a regular i think it could fill the gap which lost has left

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I read a rumour/story that Jason Statham is going to be the new Doctor when/if David Tennant leaves.

That'll be interesting...

jason_statham.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I read a rumour/story that Jason Statham is going to be the new Doctor when/if David Tennant leaves.

That'll be interesting...

jason_statham.jpg

That would be awful, 1 dimentional thug actor - might as well go the whole hog and get some talentless tosser like Danny Dyer

Auntie Beeb f***ed it up when they had the strained charisma of Davidson onwards

Ecclestone and Tennant are both superb actors with the ability to ham things up appropriately

given the global success blow the f***ing license fee and get Richard E Grant to do it for a season

r-grant-sm.jpg

I'm sure that's who (no pun intended) they were thinking of when they gave McGann a brief pop.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
oooh, Richard E Grant as the Doctor. I can see it now. That would be f***ing excellent.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Here are all the Masters:

300px-Themasters.png

The 6 main incarnations of the Master.
Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Roger Delgado, Peter Pratt, Anthony Ainley, Eric Roberts, Derek Jacobi, John Simm

Yep, and during this years episodes, he has been referred to as Mister Saxon, which is an anagram of "Master No. Six" - Nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here