Downsides to Poyet? - Sunderland fan here

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just me personally, but if i was sacked for Gross Misconduct and i was innocent i would sue the *******s for every penny. I would certainly not settle without a court case or HUGE compensation.

Unless, of course, i wasn't innocent. Then i would probably withdraw my claim and 'settle' for no compensation ???

Nail. On. Head.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You don't know anything extra do you?

You just quote stuff we all know already. It's the same trick over and over.

I've got to hand it to you. You're determined. Everyone can see you know F A but your persistance to maitain a lie has to be applauded.

How can you possibly deduce that!? As I said, believe what you want to believe.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Did he? WHere have you seen that?

In his contract he had permission to speak to any Prem club.

And I doubt it was much to do with loyalty as much as the fact that it was impossible for Reading to stay up, whilst the chance for us to go up was opening.

according to some it was impossible to keep Sunderland up
up to now he is making a pretty good job of that

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
B.W.'s relentless militant anti-Gus smear campaigns are really quite bizarre. I suspect that his "sources" are made up and he knows nothing like the rest of us, the bloke is clearly a bit mental with an irrational hatred of our former boss.

Says the man who constantly posts pro-Gus BS.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just me personally, but if i was sacked for Gross Misconduct and i was innocent i would sue the *******s for every penny. I would certainly not settle without a court case or HUGE compensation.

Unless, of course, i wasn't innocent. Then i would probably withdraw my claim and 'settle' for no compensation ???

This is true, I suspect they may have caused him some embarrassment even if the gross misconducts were not even that great. More of the outrageous and cheek of it than the despicable.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
the Argus:lolol:
that is the paper that takes some if not all of its rumours and info off this site

A little more reliable than NSC. Find a link to counter my claim he got nowt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
B.W.'s relentless militant anti-Gus smear campaigns are really quite bizarre. I suspect that his "sources" are made up and he knows nothing like the rest of us, the bloke is clearly a bit mental with an irrational hatred of our former boss.

There needs to be a balance to your blind love of Gus though surely, BW is supplying it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh for Christ's sake - it was even reported by Redman's Solicitors. http://www.redmans.co.uk/news/gus-p...tribunal-claim-against-brighton-football-club

Going into semantics briefly, Redman's Solicitors haven't reported it so much as mention it has been reported. For all we know, their mention of it being reported could be linked to the Argus, who, as I posted above, have a history of not being really sure if financial offers have been made or not.

NB - I'm not claiming there was or was not a settlement, just that redman solicitors aren't saying they know a financial settlement didn't happen, just that it has been reported elsewhere that no financial settlement happened.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Oh for Christ's sake - it was even reported by Redman's Solicitors. http://www.redmans.co.uk/news/gus-p...tribunal-claim-against-brighton-football-club

You moan at B.W. for being myopic over this but you are every bit as bad as him. Worse actually because you claim to sit on the fence on this but all the evidence points to the opposite.

one word in there I don't like reportedly
reported by who

and no comment from the club?
I have always said and you can look at any post I have made about this fiasco, I don't TRUST any of them including Gus
just would like a little fairness and maybe the truth and to be quite honest this fence is beginning to hurt a little and now I'm not the only one on here its likely to collapse

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm now a bit more worried about our club's finances TBH (see separate thread). Gus is history. Our club is struggling with a huge loss. Perhaps we should all refocus on the club, and leave Gus to continue his admittedly impressive job at Sunderland...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
according to some it was impossible to keep Sunderland up
up to now he is making a pretty good job of that

Reading were 8pts behind in March.

I have watched quite a few of the Sunderland games and they have all been a bit of a mix performance wise and Newcastle were truly woeful. Sunderland were very lucky to win 1-0 against 10 man Stoke and it looked like they were the man down, and the same happened against Everton. The worst team won in both cases but the Poyet luck was there.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Reading were 8pts behind in March.

I have watched quite a few of the Sunderland games and they have all been a bit of a mix performance wise and Newcastle were truly woeful. Sunderland were very lucky to win 1-0 against 10 man Stoke and it looked like they were the man down, and the same happened against Everton. The worst team won in both cases but the Poyet luck was there.

how many times have we seen that while he was here:lolol:

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
For me, the only negatives throughout Gus' time with us are

1) He was a bit of a media whore who was constantly talking about Chelsea, Tottenham, miscellaneous EPL issues.
2) The puzzling post-match comments after the playoff semi and the fallout from that. 'Have we hit the roof-gate' etc.

But he is undoubtedly a dedicated and passionate manager who got the best out of our players and transformed this club. Albion legend.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Going into semantics briefly, Redman's Solicitors haven't reported it so much as mention it has been reported. For all we know, their mention of it being reported could be linked to the Argus, who, as I posted above, have a history of not being really sure if financial offers have been made or not.

NB - I'm not claiming there was or was not a settlement, just that redman solicitors aren't saying they know a financial settlement didn't happen, just that it has been reported elsewhere that no financial settlement happened.

I think that is semantics. Given that Tony Bloom told a fan's forum that no money was put aside for compensation, given it's been very widely reported in newspapers and legal press across the country, given that Redman's reporting is more detailed with a lot more information than the Argus quote so in all likelihood a different source, given that Poyet's lawyers were the ones who used ambiguous wording to describe the end of Poyet's claim against dismissal and their very aggressive defence against negative comments re Poyet and his reputation even here on NSC.

The last point especially. As Watford Zero said, no compensation suggests he was guilty of gross misconduct. If that wasn't the case his lawyers would have been all over the reports like a ton of bricks.

I think we can take it as read that the many reports are true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports