Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
In the press that he got no money.

that he was going to lose?

the press
I am sorry I would have to pull the old TRUST thing again

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What other examples have you given? (other than the two I listed)

In this thread, none, I'm just saying there are other examples.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What other examples have you given? (other than the two I listed)

That are in the public domain (ie, everyone already knows).....

I'd love B.W to just write ONE interesting fact that we don't all know. It can't be that difficult if he knows it all.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
that he was going to lose?

the press
I am sorry I would have to pull the old TRUST thing again

I said it was in the press that he got no money. I didn't say it was in the press that he knew he was going to lose!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Both the club and GP have stated the issue was sorted - nowhere have they said money didn't change hands, in either direction.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/SP...rops_tribunal_claim_against_Brighton/?ref=rss

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gus-poyet-drops-legal-action-6287043

http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/10812561.Turmoil_of_Poyet_exit_damaged_Albion_and_manager_says_Knight/

And a direct quote from the Argus: "Poyet, now manager of Sunderland, last week dropped his employment tribunal claim against Albion without receiving a penny in compensation."

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Come on then - provide the link.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10797154.Updated__Poyet_ends_fight_with_Albion/

However, I would also add (from one of the previous discussion on gus):

There was also a story in the argus a few days later saying no offer had been made.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10487290.D_Day_looms_for_Poyet/ Sat 15th - "The Argus understands The Uruguayan has already rejected one financial offer to settle the dispute and sever his ties with the club during an exhaustive four-week investigation into his conduct. "
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10495880.Poyet_set_for_hearing/ thu 20th - " The Argus understands no financial offer has been made to him to settle his dispute and sever his ties with the club."

That was weird, and just one example of contradictory stories coming out. I doubt the paper would print them if they didn't have a solid source for each story. Clearly, even normally solid sources were sharing conflicting stories. All the more reason to take any single source with a pinch of salt.

So, y'know. Pinch of salt and all that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That are in the public domain (ie, everyone already knows).....

I'd love B.W to just write ONE interesting fact that we don't all know. It can't be that difficult if he knows it all.

I don't claim to know it all, do I? I'm sure we all keep up with the Albion news, so very difficult to write something that we don't all know!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't claim to know it all, do I? I'm sure we all keep up with the Albion news, so very difficult to write something that we don't all know!

But you claim you know stuff we don't as we're "****ing clueless".

So please. Don't quote this and pad it out and avoid the question.

Tell as all ONE THING you THINK we don't know about this whole situation. Please. Just one. It can be anything.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just me personally, but if i was sacked for Gross Misconduct and i was innocent i would sue the *******s for every penny. I would certainly not settle without a court case or HUGE compensation.

Unless, of course, i wasn't innocent. Then i would probably withdraw my claim and 'settle' for no compensation ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Really!? Off the top of my head:
Wading in on Suarez.
Comments on refs (didn't help his team at all).
Constant moans about budget.
Leeds, Chelsea, Spurs love-in. 'Whoring' his services in general.
'Hitting the ceiling' et al post-Palarse.
Ridiculous email re Palarse changing room incident.

Hope that helps...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But you claim you know stuff we don't as we're "****ing clueless".

So please. Don't quote this and pad it out and avoid the question.

Tell as all ONE THING you THINK we don't know about this whole situation. Please. Just one. It can be anything.

I will NOT betray a confidence, no matter how many times you ask me to do so.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I thought he had denied it!

"I had an opportunity to leave for a Premiership club. Everything was agreed. I was given permission to talk to the club. They made me an unbelievable offer - very difficult to refuse and I was loyal."

"I was loyal to the club and I decided to stay. So how you can explain that somebody says to you they want to leave and a week later got the chance to go to a Premiership club with a better deal, with a better project and stays. It's not common sense that's for sure."

Did he? WHere have you seen that?

In his contract he had permission to speak to any Prem club.

And I doubt it was much to do with loyalty as much as the fact that it was impossible for Reading to stay up, whilst the chance for us to go up was opening.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Really!? Off the top of my head:
Wading in on Suarez.
Comments on refs (didn't help his team at all).
Constant moans about budget.
Leeds, Chelsea, Spurs love-in. 'Whoring' his services in general.
'Hitting the ceiling' et al post-Palarse.
Ridiculous email re Palarse changing room incident.

Hope that helps...

You don't know anything extra do you?

You just quote stuff we all know already. It's the same trick over and over.

I've got to hand it to you. You're determined. Everyone can see you know F A but your persistance to maitain a lie has to be applauded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here