Downsides to Poyet? - Sunderland fan here

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And JFC disappears from Oscar's line up when enough seniors are fit. I'd say it's only Ince who has really come through under Oscar, the others as used as needed, as they were under gus, except they've been needed more often under Oscar.

Over the last two season Gus used in the first team match squad:
JFC, Dickenson, March, Oatway, Barker, Agdestein, Dunk, Kasim, Hall, Cook, Sampayo,

As much as I think he's promising, JFC tends to disappear from the line-up when he disappears on the pitch. All I'm really saying is the next step he needs to take is to impose himself more on the game, and take a few risks with his passing. I suspect he has good vision, but see little evidence of him exercising it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm beginning to think BW is actually Diego Poyet, and he'll become so objectionable people will think "actually i'm on Gus' side".

Sh1t! I've been rumbled... :whistle:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Whereas you're clearly a voice of sanity and reason who should be trusted.

Why thank you.

My point was that, until properly verified evidence otherwise, both parties are guilty.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'm beginning to think BW is actually Diego Poyet, and he'll become so objectionable people will think "actually i'm on Gus' side".

I have a self-imposed NSC rule. If I have posted the same thing 500 times - I stop posting it. For my sanity and so that others do not think I am completely mental.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have a self-imposed NSC rule. If I have posted the same thing 500 times - I stop posting it. For my sanity and so that others do not think I am completely mental.

I have the same rule, but my upper limit is higher! ;-)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have provided arguments for why you should side with the club over Gus WITHOUT being ITK. You chose not to accept those, and that is your prerogative (as I said before).

However, insulting comments like "attitude of a child not being listened to" are just wrong; do you not understand what me saying 'that is your prerogative' means? That's hardly me being childish, or getting upset at not being listened to, is it?

I don't know why you bother to be honest. There are some on this board who won't believe any fault of Gus, and nothing you say will convince them. Some simply want to lay the blame for this saga totally at the door of Paul Barber and / or Tony.

I'd give up - you won't change any minds. Your words in my opinion are wasted.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't know why you bother to be honest. There are some on this board who won't believe any fault of Gus, and nothing you say will convince them. Some simply want to lay the blame for this saga totally at the door of Paul Barber and / or Tony.

I'd give up - you won't change any minds. Your words in my opinion are wasted.

Sadly, you're probably right. Hopefully, there'll be no more 'prompts' anytime soon like an alleged bewildered Sunderland fan posting on NSC.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
:lolol: He's never said anything other than "I know what happened but I can't say"

I find facts and evidence normally convice people.

Suggest you re-read my posts. I provided arguments you chose to ignore (as I said before).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Suggest you re-read my posts. I provided arguments you chose to ignore (as I said before).

Arguments and facts / evidence are two completely different things.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Unfortunately it will be Gus's version :shrug:

One thing I would like to know from Poyet though is his version of the March phone call because he has not yet denied or admitted that this had happened. I think it is important for him to at least clear this up.

I thought he had denied it!

"I had an opportunity to leave for a Premiership club. Everything was agreed. I was given permission to talk to the club. They made me an unbelievable offer - very difficult to refuse and I was loyal."

"I was loyal to the club and I decided to stay. So how you can explain that somebody says to you they want to leave and a week later got the chance to go to a Premiership club with a better deal, with a better project and stays. It's not common sense that's for sure."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he had denied it!

"I had an opportunity to leave for a Premiership club. Everything was agreed. I was given permission to talk to the club. They made me an unbelievable offer - very difficult to refuse and I was loyal."

"I was loyal to the club and I decided to stay. So how you can explain that somebody says to you they want to leave and a week later got the chance to go to a Premiership club with a better deal, with a better project and stays. It's not common sense that's for sure."

Call me a cynic - Reading in free fall to the division that the Albion had every chance of getting out of at the time. Potential promotion on your CV and leave afterwards or a relegation on your cv (not his fault but it would have been there) and another season in the second tier. I can see exacty why he'd turn it down. Didn't rumour have it that he was actually in his car on the way to Reading to sign and changed his mind en route?

I quite like the Gus spin though, I would expect nothing less :wink:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Gus is a great manager and got us playing some nice football.

As a Sunderland fan, I'd start to worry when Mourinho leaves Chelsea if he's still doing well with you....

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Call me a cynic - Reading in free fall to the division that the Albion had every chance of getting out of at the time. Potential promotion on your CV and leave afterwards or a relegation on your cv (not his fault but it would have been there) and another season in the second tier. I can see exacty why he'd turn it down. Didn't rumour have it that he was actually in his car on the way to Reading to sign and changed his mind en route?

I quite like the Gus spin though.

I'd tend to agree with you about Reading and wasn't really surprised that he didn't take the job - he has however essentially denied that he made the alleged phone call to TB in March of last year.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I read your arguments.

I realised they wern't facts.

I asked for facts or evidence.

You gave none.

What evidence do you expect? A copy of the notes of Gus' disciplinary hearing perhaps?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd tend to agree with you about Reading and wasn't really surprised that he didn't take the job - he has however essentially denied that he made the alleged phone call to TB in March of last year.

Really? No I wasn't aware of that. Shit now I have to decide whether I think Gus is a liar or TB is.....because one of them is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports