Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downsides to Poyet? - Sunderland fan here

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ok. This will be an easy one. Give us the rough date of when you found out.

When I found out is not the same as when the key misdemeanour occurred, but I heard not long before the playoff semi.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
However, insulting comments like "attitude of a child not being listened to" are just wrong; That's hardly me being childish, or getting upset at not being listened to, is it?

No. You're right.

Calling anyone who previously disagreed " ****ing cluesless" was VERY mature....

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
When I found out is not the same as when the key misdemeanour occurred, but I heard not long before the playoff semi.

I've got an idea, instead of posting on here what happened, start a thread called Something About Poyet on the Sunderland fans forum and we can go there to read it instead of risking an NSC meltdown?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I've got an idea, instead of posting on here what happened, start a thread called Something About Poyet on the Sunderland fans forum and we can go there to read it instead of risking an NSC meltdown?

Sunderland fans are more likely to what happened than we do:lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

A Sunderland fan (allegedly) seemed confused about why Gus comes in for stick on NSC. I gave my opinion on the thread he/she started. The usual suspects gave theirs too. Not really an NSC meltdown. I'm not interested in joining Sunderland's forum TBH. I support Brighton.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Sunderland fans are more likely to know what happened than we do:lolol:

Unfortunately it will be Gus's version :shrug:

One thing I would like to know from Poyet though is his version of the March phone call because he has not yet denied or admitted that this had happened. I think it is important for him to at least clear this up.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No. Just pointing out that there have been insults on both sides.

So that makes it right to call someone "****ing Clueless" even if they hadn't personally insulted you?

Because that's exactly what you did. It's on this thread in case you missed it. It's quite easy to find.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A Sunderland fan (allegedly) seemed confused about why Gus comes in for stick on NSC. I gave my opinion on the thread he/she started. The usual suspects gave theirs too. Not really an NSC meltdown. I'm not interested in joining Sunderland's forum TBH. I support Brighton.

I meant meltdown as in going offline.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So that makes it right to call someone "****ing Clueless" even if they hadn't personally insulted you?

Because that's exactly what you did. It's on this thread in case you missed it. It's quite easy to find.

IF you can't see through Gus' BS, THEN you are ****ing clueless.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
IF you can't see through Gus' BS, THEN you are ****ing clueless.

Equally, if you can't see through the club's BS as well then you're ****ing clueless.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Switching Zaha to the left was a blindingly obvious thing to do, and there was nothing we could do about that. That doesn't mean Worzel out-thought anyone. And coming away without conceding, we were by far the happier side.
But only shortly before Barnes hit the woodwork, and had one cleared off the line. On another day we'd have taken the lead, and we just about never lost after taking the lead. Football games are often decided by a bit of luck or player skill, they're not always down to the tactics of the manager. That game just didn't go our way.

Fair enough. Perhaps unfairly, however, I do want to contrast 'Olly's tactical switching with Gus' approach, which seemed to me to be far more like sticking to one approach, and eventually grinding down the opposition, based on the principle that they'd become increasingly tired because we'd had more possession, and they'd been chasing after the ball for 60, 70, 80, … minutes. This is what Barcelona and Spain have done of late. As Oscar knows only too well, it's easier to do when you have players of such advanced technical ability, vision and pace as Barcelona and Spain have, and we don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here