Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downsides to Poyet? - Sunderland fan here

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, so Gus could be annoying. But we didn't have to live with him, he was just our manager. He was doing a good job on the pitch, and that's what I really care about.

Me too, mostly. Until he was clearly looking to cease doing that job, I swept all that under the carpet. Now he is doing no favours at all for us on the pitch, I can afford to see what a **** he was.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Not sure that that is FAIR :lolol:

One says he knows what happened and has formed his opinion and is on the boards side, the other admits he hasn't a clue so shouldn't be coming down on either side??

Does BW know anything? I haven't a clue but he says he does.

He may or may not know what happened!

Denouncing publicly one side without producing the evidence to back it up is NOT being fair - saying, "I know what happened", is not evidence - anyone could say that to support their statements for either side.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Given the info in the public domain, yes. :FFSPuncheon

There's not really anything factual in the public domain, and we don't know what went on before that stuff happened.

You've been told something, that you believe, fair enough. There's no reason why (without knowing this thing) anyone who still has questions and queries regarding the events is a Gus-lover.

He must have done something that the Board found unacceptable but without knowing what it was and what lead to this I can't see why anyone would implicitly say it's all Gus' fault.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
it really is no good keep on asking him you will not get an answer
just the normal Gus bile/pro club blurb
I have come to the conclusion he does not know he just loves to wind people up
just a troll we have picked up along the way

That was my conclusion also from a long while ago.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Jesus Christ this thread is an embarassment at times. What a bunch of try hard, needy, bellends we look. 2 things I'd like to clarify.

- What evidence does anyone have that Gus or the players didn't try in the playoff semi? We had the better of the first leg and Barnes very nearly put us 1-0 up in the second, had we gone 1-0 we didn't make a habit of losing games from there especially at home.

- I can't believe that with all of you looking to have a dig at Poyet, no one mentioned his poor record dealing with and playing academy players. JFC in particular.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But you said the club won't ever say

So where did you hear this from.

Also do you agree that you cant possibly call people clueless when you don't know what they know?

Someone at the club, BEFORE it all blew up.

What I'm saying is, based on the information IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN, there is enough there to side with the club over Gus.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They haven't got a ****ing clue either.

Yes, a well balanced view from you there. Until either the club or Gus spill the beans I'll remain on the fence and blame both of them for the sorry state of affairs. Of course, someone in the know such as yourself can make a "proper" judgement and throw around insults willy nilly because the rest of us are anti-club. Good grief - you're so far up your own arse ( let alone TB's ) that you can't see daylight.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
- I can't believe that with all of you looking to have a dig at Poyet, no one mentioned his poor record dealing with and playing academy players. JFC in particular.

While I kind of agree with that, we had players to play instead he used youngsters when we had a shortage instead of picking them over experienced pros. I think we had to survice/challenge for promotion rather than bring through youngsters.

Oscar has played more youngsters but then we've had worse injuries and i'd say he's been pretty reluctant on occasions to pick youngsters over injured or out of form first-teamers (witness how little March has played)

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
As I've always said. You can continue your self-delusion. That is your prerogative, but more fool you.

Of course, you could stop making yourself look like a complete bellend by actually saying what you know. You don't need to name names etc but a brief synopsis ( www.dictionary.com ) would prove that you really do know what went on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, a well balanced view from you there. Until either the club or Gus spill the beans I'll remain on the fence and blame both of them for the sorry state of affairs. Of course, someone in the know such as yourself can make a "proper" judgement and throw around insults willy nilly because the rest of us are anti-club. Good grief - you're so far up your own arse ( let alone TB's ) that you can't see daylight.

Here's something in the public domain. Gus refused to deal with the retained list. Now, failing to carry out your responsibilities, is that breach of contract?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Someone at the club, BEFORE it all blew up.

What I'm saying is, based on the information IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN, there is enough there to side with the club over Gus.

not in the real world there isn't

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Here's something in the public domain. Gus refused to deal with the retained list. Now, failing to carry out your responsibilities, is that breach of contract?

If I was a chairman i'm not sure i'd want a manager who tried to quit three months ago dealing with the retained list. That would seem a bit silly.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course, you could stop making yourself look like a complete bellend by actually saying what you know. You don't need to name names etc but a brief synopsis ( www.dictionary.com ) would prove that you really do know what went on.

I can't do that, and I've explained why in the past. Please feel free to trawl through my earlier posts. Meanwhile, I guess I will have to 'look like a complete bellend', at least to those poor souls still on the Gus Bus.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

I've seen the club claim that but not GP. Now given some of the club statements were questionable I won't hold much sway in that statement either. I'll repeat, until the FACTS ( as agreed by both sides ) are in the public domain I will blame both parties equally. That is fair and balanced. Your view is anything but either of these traits.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If I was a chairman i'm not sure i'd want a manager who tried to quit three months ago dealing with the retained list. That would seem a bit silly.

True, but he WAS asked to deal with it, and refused.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
While I kind of agree with that, we had players to play instead he used youngsters when we had a shortage instead of picking them over experienced pros. I think we had to survice/challenge for promotion rather than bring through youngsters.

Oscar has played more youngsters but then we've had worse injuries and i'd say he's been pretty reluctant on occasions to pick youngsters over injured or out of form first-teamers (witness how little March has played)

Either Rohan Ince has come on massively in the off season (which I grant is infinately possible) or Poyet missed one that could have been in and around the first team. March & JFC were ignored for long periods. Before the court case Dunk was starting to look good enough to challenge AEA but all Poyet wanted to do was bring in experienced players on £££££.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here